• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by system11
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

williams pinbot.
ok so i replaced the power supply with a new pinscore power supply and changed some other parts but still no luck.all the lamps on the right side of the play field do not work.if i bring power to the sockets they light up but do not flash with the rest of the lamp flash.is there a lamp section on the main cpu board? and if so is there any kits out there to rebuild it? i once posted a problem with a williams gorgar and got help from a guy on this site. i mailed the board to him and he did the repairs on it.works grate. he is in new york but i lost his e-mail .
i tried to find his site but no luck. he sells models on the site and knows his stuff when it come to fixing boards.if your out there please help.thanks

#2 12 years ago

How are the GI fuses looking? System 11 quite often have separate wiring for L/R GI, the four fuses mounted in the backbox underneath the power supply are all for GI.

#3 12 years ago

fuses are good...

#4 12 years ago

Sounds like Hans must have repaired your other board. Is this it?
http://www.siegecraft.us/

#5 12 years ago

Well if the power board is new and you're pretty sure it works, and if the GI fuses underneath it are ok, you're going to have to check the wires, next stop after the fuses are some connectors closer to the playfield (often bunched up against the back wall of the cabinet), and from there the actual lamp strings. It'll also help you to work out which wires are supposed to be feeding them. For that use a multimeter with a continuity buzzer. With the machine off unplug the GI connector from the power supply and you should get continuity between a lamp lug and two of the GI connector pins on the connector (one fused, one unfused).

#6 12 years ago

ya that's him thanks stangbat....
and i'll try checking wires again...thanks system 11.....

#7 12 years ago

found the problem some thing keeps blowing the 5amp. fuse. 4 fuses in line under the power supply. 2nd fuse from the top. any ideas what would do this thanks? thanks

#8 12 years ago

I told you to check the fuses under the power supply before Those are the GI ones.

It'll be a short somewhere, time to lift the playfield up and check the bulb holders, probably find one of them is shorting against something. Failing that it's the wires between them - look for stray ones that have come off the bulb holder. If it's one of the games that used braid between each holder (been 6 years+ since I sold mine so I can't remember) check it's secure and not bridging anything. Try to check the topside too if possible because sometimes bulbs protrude far enough that the sides can be touched by stray playfield hardware. Also check the actual wires down from the backbox in case they've become crunched at some point and have damaged insulation.

#9 12 years ago

i know..your right...i'll start checking bulb holders..thanks

#10 12 years ago

problem fixed... one of the sockets was touching and shorting out...thanks to every one for the help...

#11 12 years ago

Excellent, enjoy! I miss my Pinbot, maybe I'll pick up a Jackbot someday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-lamp-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.