6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MarAlb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a grand lizard that is giving a CPU error code 1. I'll be honest and say that I'm no system 11 guru. I read through the pinwiki and clays guide, both say the error means there is a problem at u25 ram ic. I changed out the ram with a spare 6116 I have and nothing has changed. Voltages to the board are great and read good at the test points. Power supply board has been rebuilt/capped just to be sure.

Anyone give me some guidance on what my next steps should be?

#2 6 years ago

Anyone have any ideas?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Did you check D1 diode to see if it’s shorted or bad?

yes, both d1 and d2 dont read shorted, however d1 does read low on my meter during continuity. D2 read in the 550-600 range and D1 read in the 130-200 range. I was thinking about replacing D1, can i toss a 1n400x to replace it? or need a special diode?

#6 6 years ago

Okay replaced d1 with a new 1n5817 and double checked all my traces on newly installed ram. Everything is good trace wise and still nothing. Scratching my head on this one....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-Willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-cpu-error-code-1?tu=Dr-Willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.