• Latest reply 2 years ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211001_190427 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

So picked up a big guns that was non-working. Got the game all working except for the dam locks for multi-ball both sides of the playfield. All switches work in test: Cannon switches, lock switches, and the through switches (3). Light is lit on both sides to lock the balls. Diode's are all checking as good. No errors on startup. Play first ball and lock it, it gets moved it over to the cannon and anther ball is released into the shooter lane. 2 seconds later the cannon fires out the ball creating a 2 ball multi-ball. This happens on both sides of the playfield never being about to keep 1 ball locked. Could this be a chip issue?

#2 2 years ago

Mine does the same thing, but randomly.

You’ll pay a few games, then it’ll throw a ball out of the locks.

I changed diodes on the lock switches - made it better but it still does it occasionally.

Very frustrating.

I have it in the work queue - was planning on changing out all the switch diodes. Painful.

rd

#3 2 years ago

The cannon switches are intermittent and should be replaced.
If the cannon switches do not recognize the ball sitting on the catapult it will fire the coil and kick the ball out. Switch may appear ok in test but a ball sitting on it with vibration is a different scenario.
The switches in question are the catapult switches not the eject switches.
Seen it before. Very frustrating

#4 2 years ago

I'll second the catapult switches--my buddy's game wouldn't play properly until we replaced both of them.

#5 2 years ago

Actually I did replace both switches in the cannon's. No dice. It's so weird. I will play a game, take the ball out and trigger the lock switch with my finger. It will activate and 2 seconds later fire the coil on the cannon with no ball in the scoop.

#6 2 years ago

It’s losing the balls somewhere.

So either the lock or cannon switches, or the ball trough switches.

rd

#7 2 years ago

I would check stand up targets for a loose wire that corresponds to the cannon switches. I've seen games with non working cannon switches due to a loose or broken wire on the stand up targets as they are on same row or column.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

It's all mechanical when the diodes are good, and switches work. It's a bitch to take either whole assembly apart. Drunk mf on the line that day. Coil brackets were cocketed a little bit. That's the right cannon bracket. Cannon coil in pic.

20211001_190427 (resized).jpg20211001_190427 (resized).jpg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

It's all mechanical when the diodes are good, and switches work. It's a bitch to take either whole assembly apart. Drunk mf on the line that day. Coil brackets were cocketed a little bit. That's the right cannon bracket Cannon coil in pic.[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

Fixed this issue, catapult assembly disassembled and new switches installed. Also what was key was slightly bending the end of the switch towards the playfield from underneath. It seemed that before bending the switch the switch was so close to either activing the switch or not, giving me 2 ball muiltiball and almost never locking the ball on the left or right.

#11 2 years ago

Nice work! Thanks for posting the fix

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-big-guns-no-multi-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.