(Topic ID: 46317)

Williams Sys7 BK - bridge rectifier problem.

By Zellcorp

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
System7_bridge.jpg
SKBPC3510-Bridge-Rectifier-Module.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hello, I've been having on and off problems with my black knight after a rebuild of the interconnector I started having a problem with flippers when I hit either flipper the game would cut out and had to be reset.

In frustration I started mucking around with the bridge rectifier for the switch matrix but in doing so I've lost track of what wire should go where, also the replacement rectifier pin lugs are in a slightly different formation than the original.

When I attempt to use the new bridge rectifier I got a cracking sound like I was about to get a short out but also when I attempt to use the old rectifier I get the same crackling noises I pull the power out quickly a d the wires are hot like a short out I can't seem to find a diagram anywhere to show me where to correctly put the wires I have 2 red wires one black and one that's orange/blue in color but if anyone could help me much appreciated.

Thx

#2 11 years ago

If you can post some pictures of the board where you are working that would be very helpful. Are you attempting to replace the bridge on the power supply or on the flipper power board. I sure hope you didn't get the new bridge hooked up wrong, that could be bad news.

#3 11 years ago

There are two bridges mounted in the cabinet of a system 7 game, one for +28VDC solenoid power, one for +18VDC used to supply power to lamp matrix.

System7_bridge.jpgSystem7_bridge.jpg

There are 4 connections on each bridge, 2 are input marked AC. The wires to those inputs come from the transformer and do not matter if you cross them and are the same color. The other 2 are + and - voltage.

SKBPC3510-Bridge-Rectifier-Module.jpgSKBPC3510-Bridge-Rectifier-Module.jpg

You need to look at your print and see what color is which wire. A pair of red wires does not seem to jive. I'll take a picture inside a BK tomorrow and post.

#4 11 years ago

I have attached photos, I have 2 red wires coming out the power transformer, top 2 red bottom left blue/orange bottom right black.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 11 years ago

IIRC the orange and blue wires should be attached to the lug that is oriented at 90 degrees to the other three. This is +ve.
The black wire attaches diagonally opposite the blue/orange one. This is -ve/earth/ground depending on your terminology.
The two red wires attach to the two remaining lugs. It doesn't matter which goes on which. These are the a.c. supply.
Andy

#6 11 years ago

I will go take a pictur of mine today, but yeah your two red wires if they are coming from the transformer are the AC wires and should be on opposite sides of each other. The bridge will have AC or ~ marked on it where those two go. Or at least marked on one of the AC terminals and then the other goes to the diagonally opposing side. Hopefully you didn't fry anything badly.

#7 11 years ago

You have an AC wire hooked up to the plus terminal. Pull the bridge out. Test it for shorts with your DMM on diode mode. If it is still good ditch the crimp contacts and solder the wires dirrectly to the brdige. Replace the fuse (probably went if it was hooked up wrong).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sys7-bk-bridge-rectifier-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.