6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gregh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have a comet here i just got running but it will only boot after pushing the diag switch on the board...... gives no errors boots and plays fine but will only boot by pushing that button.... whats up with that

#2 6 years ago

Did you resolve this?

#3 6 years ago

555 timer could be bad?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from mike11:

I have a comet here i just got running but it will only boot after pushing the diag switch on the board...... gives no errors boots and plays fine but will only boot by pushing that button.... whats up with that

So it sounds like you are describing "adjustment failure" error that shows on the display when you turn on the game. Is this right? If so, you can have a bad contact on your battery holder. If so, one can upgrade to NVRAM. If not that error, what shows on the display when you turn on the game?

Can you post a picture so we can see if there is any battery corrosion?

#5 6 years ago

My sorcerer did the same thing. NVRAM to the rescue. The anypin dmd+ works in the sys9 boards. You have to desolder the old ram and put in a socket though. If you don't mind soldering it's a very worthwhile upgrade.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sys-9-wont-boot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.