(Topic ID: 203331)

Williams Sys 9 - Will not add credits or start game

By xeneize

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

In switch test mode, do the coin and credit buttons work?

If you pull 1J10 and 1J8 and short 1J10 pins 3, 4, 5, & 6 in turn to 1J8 pin 1 does it add coins or credits?

I don't see the start button anywhere in the schematics, is whatever connector it's using functional?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

In switch test mode, do the coin and credit buttons work?

Quoted from xeneize:

Yes, all pulse correctly and to the correct assignment.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you pull 1J10 and 1J8 and short 1J10 pins 3, 4, 5, & 6 in turn to 1J8 pin 1 does it add coins or credits?

Something is amiss here. Testing your switch matrix on the board using jumpers did not work, but it does work when the playfield is plugged in?

Perhaps I gave you the wrong connector or pin numbers? http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Switch_Matrix_Row_and_Column_Testing
It may help to determine if you have a board problem or a playfield problem. The pinwiki and your manual can help you find out.

Page 6 in the manual also mentions "no credits may be won (and coins are rejected) while the coin-lockout coil is de-energized".

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

yeoldpinplayer Let's make sure I actually did what you recommended. I removed both connectors and used an alligator clip to pulse the pins in question. Each time I got the "credit tone", but credits never incremented. Make sense?

Sounds right. I'm leaning towards a board problem but before you ping Quench GRUMPY cfh or barakandl you might try disconnecting every connector that goes to the playfield and lower cabinet, then using your jumper to add coins. If you still hear the credit sound but don't get credits (try adding several "coins" just in case the game thinks it needs ten to give a credit or something crazy) maybe take a look at U15 and if it's socketed, reseat it?
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#System_9_Switch_Matrix_Explained

#17 6 years ago

The confusing part to me is why didn't the factory reset change the coin settings back to default? LTG answer should have fixed it. It shouldn't be possible to do a factory reset without the coin settings going back to factory default.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sys-9-will-not-add-credits-or-start-game?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.