• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi,

I have trouble with the drop bank of my Sword of Fury. Sometimes it work, some time it doesnt work.

When the target drop down, they are not taken into account in the score, and they stay down during all the game (someime they goes up after a long delay : a few minutes).

I have run an auto diagnotics and then all the 5 target solenoids are well powered and goes up during the tests.

It's probably related to the detection of the target drop down.

I have distmounted the Drop Bank, and check all the components of the board (mechanical and electrical parts) and also clean the optocouplers
and i still have the same problem. Some time it work and sometime not.

I refurbish all the connector welds of the drop bank boark but still the same issue.

Any idea will be welcome.

BR Tony.

#2 1 year ago

Do they register in switch test?

#3 1 year ago

Reflow pins on the power driver board. Mine were acting up and that definitely helped

#4 1 year ago

I have disconnected all the connectors of the main power supply board, and the auxiliary power supply board and redone all the connector weld.
Then I have tested the Drop bank contact in contact test mode, then all 5 targets are registred when I manually drop down.
Then I have start the game and the target of the drop bank goes up automatically and I was abble to play in normal conditions.

But as it was an interminent problem, I not if it's was really fixed.

In any case thanks a lot for your feedback.

I will test the game during the coming days to see if the problem is fixed or not.

BR

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

I had a similar issue with a couple of my SOF targets. Replacing the opto's resolved it for me. Good luck.

#6 1 year ago

Make sure you have all the C-clips and rubber grommets attaching the PCB to the bracket. usually if a rubber grommet is missing or a clip is missing the board can intermittently float out a little bit and move the optos just out of reach of the drop target tabs.

Otherwise cold solder joints/loose connectors and flaky/dirty optos are likely the cause as already stated.

#7 1 year ago

Make sure the power from the A/C sided drops (2 rightmost ones IIRC) hasn't been jumped over to the other 3. That causes extremely wacky behavior. The power from the C side on the one I had had broken off, so someone just jumped over from the A sided power which if you're not used to the switching solenoid power usually works.... but lots of times the behavior ended up being what you are describing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside