IMG_6846 (resized).jpg
IMG_6851 (resized).jpg
IMG_6844 (resized).jpg
IMG_6842 (resized).jpg
IMG_6841 (resized).jpg
warmcool2frosted (resized).jpg
cool2frostedPassive (resized).jpg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's a socket cleaning stick? Is it like a battery post cleaner but smaller and not as stiff?
download.jpg

http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

It's # STI - a fine abrasive impregnated into a fairly hard rubber stick. Works great. I am not a fan of using anything with a brush on sockets. Always that chance of a single wire coming off & creating a difficult to find short.

#252 8 years ago

They might work when they are black like that, but run extra hot. Always replace these to avoid melting plastics.

#269 8 years ago

Unless you give that a coating of clear or maybe wax it heavily, it's going to rust in the future. The plating is mostly gone now.

1 week later
#329 8 years ago

I like to use Brasso on the bakelite plate & polish it, then clean off with 91% alcohol & finish up with a VERY-VERY light coat of Teflon gel lube.

1 month later
#440 8 years ago

I bet if you gave those old legs a bath in evaporust overnight they would look fine.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

, but I'm guessing with the PVC tubes, the evaporust, and the time it would take me to do it, I'd have at least $40 into it (which is what I paid for my perfect new legs at the Pinball Life party...show special), plus I doubt they'd be as pristine as these new ones. For me, it was worth it to save some time and headache. Perhaps if I continue attempting additional restores like this in the future, I may look into it. Thanks for the reminder, though, dasvis.
As usual, thanks for your encouragement and education, guys!

True that. Save the old ones though, you never know when you might need them for another project.

2 weeks later
7 months later
#652 7 years ago

Very nice. Perfection takes time.

2 months later
#708 7 years ago

To each their own, but to me LED's blow in an EM. Just don't look right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.