Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pop_bumpers_After.jpg
Pop_Bumpers_Before.jpg
20150305_102649.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone ever get a close color match of the "pink" area around the bumpers. I have bumper wear that I would like to touch up. I tried mixing but just unable to get close.

thanks
Steve

20150305_102649.jpg20150305_102649.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Mixing touch up paint is an art, pun intended. Buy a color wheel or basic acrylic instruction book to get the ratios of colors to get you in the right area. Then you'll just have to adjust your colors on the fly to get a good match.

Clean bare wood thoroughly, wiping in the direction of the wood grain.

Always apply a couple coats of primer to the bare wood.

Mix enough paint to do all touchups of a color so you don't have to try to match it again.

Acrylic paint dries slightly darker than when applied.

Clearcoat also darkens paint just a hair.

It is very difficult to achieve a "perfect" match. However, you should be able to get close enough to fool the eye from a player's perspective.

IMO

#3 9 years ago

I'll send some pictures later, but I painted self-adhesive mylar rings to match the bumper cap color. I gave up trying to match that pink.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the direction

#5 9 years ago

Thanks FrankJ... Im interested in seeing those pics, sure would be an option

3 weeks later
#6 9 years ago

I rebuilt/cleaned the pop bumpers, wow do they pop... and was able to come up with this color match after several attempts and hours. The grandkids are happy to have this pin back in service. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Before
Pop_Bumpers_Before.jpgPop_Bumpers_Before.jpg

After
Pop_bumpers_After.jpgPop_bumpers_After.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-bumper-wear-touchup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.