Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ekm92
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2048 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

I'm working through multiple issues on a recently acquired Williams Suspense. The bonus unit seems to be missing a wire on one of the switches. I find no loose/cut or unconnected wires anywhere. Based on a pic it looks like there should be a yellow wire on the post. Can anyone confirm the missing wire and where the other end of it should go?

After cleaning the bonus unit it will increment bonus points but when the ball drains no bonus points are awarded. Not sure if this is related to the possibly missing wire.

IMG_2048 (resized).jpg

#2 8 days ago

Bonus points are not awarded on ball drain. They are only collected on spins.

#3 7 days ago

This also may help answer some additional questions that you may have. Bonus carries over to next player. From ipdb.

The center playfield bonus ladder is incremented only by the ball in play hitting either of two Advance Bonus standup targets. It can only be collected by the captive ball spinner landing on BONUS. It cannot be collected at the outhole. Once collected, it starts over at 100 points. This is an automatic carry-over feature from ball to ball and from player to player, allowing either player to collect this bonus regardless of which player increased its value. This bonus ladder also is operator-adjustable to allow carry-over from game to game. If set for Liberal, the bonus ladder does not reset to 100 points at start of a new game and stays at its higher value until collected. If set to Conservative, the bonus ladder does reset to 100 points at start of a new game.

#4 2 days ago

Thanks. Bonus works just as stuliss and Mikala described. Somewhere in my research I found a pic that seemed to show the wire from the post attaching to a screw on the bonus unit itself (similar to a ground wire I guess). Since things seem to be working correctly I'll forget about the missing wire for now.
Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
$ 10.00
Tools
Granby Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 750.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 9.95
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 1,200.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside