tiltrelay (resized).jpg
0Super-Flite-Work-01 (resized).jpg
e12 (resized).jpg
IMG_5547s (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Super Flight Replay relay (resized).jpg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.21.25 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from ivanx:

The red circled switch continuity tests as *always closed* regardless of the state of the game. I've pulled the jones plugs from the backbox and the switch tested good manually after that so i know the problem isn't in the backbox. What switch is this in the schematic?

I think the switch you circled is the Ball Count Zero Break switch. When the Ball Count unit reaches zero, this switch should open (or break).
Super Flight Replay relay (resized).jpg
It's in parallel with a normally closed switch so it will read closed unless the 2nd Coin relay is held in the active position. I don't think this is your problem.

/Mark

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from ivanx:

So I did another full ohm test of all coils in the body and I think I've got another 2 that are on their way out.

Are you measuring coil resistance with the coils in circuit? Unless you desolder one of the solder lugs or study the schematic you can't be sure that there isn't a parallel path around the coil that is affecting the resistance reading. The meter shows you the combined resistance of all the paths it sees between the probes, not just the one you're interested in.

It's possible but unlikely that you have multiple bad coils. Coils don't often fail unless they've been overheated or otherwise abused.

I'd follow edednedy's advice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside