(Topic ID: 101502)

Williams Super-Flite EM (1 target strike lights others on the playfield)??


By nstigator

5 years ago



Topic Stats

  • 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CactusJack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys... could use some help here!

I aquired a really nice Super-Flite EM the other day. Home-owned for the last 25 years, so not a whole lot of abuse!

Heres my problem. It happens probably 90% of the time, and the other "random" 10% it doesnt.

On the playfield you have A,B,C, and D targets.

When the machine is in "90%" mode... lol... if i hit the middle "D" target it will also trip the relay for the middle"A" target. Also, if I hit either the top or bottom "A" target... the middle "A" target will light and the relay will trip. The "B" and "C" targets work exactly as they should 100%.

With that said, on occasion I'll play and they all will light individually just as designed.

Where should I start looking? Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

There are 12 trip bank relays for the A B C D targets. Each relay has a Make/Brake (Normally Open and Normally Closed) switch associated with the Playfield Target switch. When reset, the playfield target powers the trip coil of the relay through the Normally closed switch. Once the relay is tripped, it routes the power instead through the Normally Open switch (now closed) to a common line going to the 50 point relay (A and D targets) or the 100 point relay (B and C targets). This is why when you hit a target really fast, you get the letter but might not get any scoring (typical of any Strato/Super flight).

So it is possible, if the NO switch is sitting closed AND, the NC switch is also closed, any of the fellow targets could trip other targets that share the same scoring.

Since this is happening intermittantly, I suspect that the RESET bar is not always returning to a fully retracted position and leaving one or some of the make/brake switches as all three blades connected. So, you might want to check how freely the bar can move back and forth or if there is something like a wire harness hanging in the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
From: $ 18.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.99
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
From: $ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
From: $ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
From: $ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside