(Topic ID: 316574)

Williams ST:tng question / issue???

By mikehoss1414

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehoss1414.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I picked up a turd of a Star Trek a while back…completely tore it down and restored it. I had to repair quite a few connectors/connections, a fried coil, the opto board, and the 8-driver pcb. I believe it is playing nearly perfect now, except for possibly one issue. I’ve never owned or played a ST before purchasing it, so what I am experiencing ma6 be normal,but my gut tells me it isn’t and i haven’t been able to find much regarding it.

The game loads all three staged balls and you can start and play a game just fine, however, in attract mode it will auto launch 2-3 balls and cycle them through at a regular roughly 5 minute interval. Is this normal??? I would imagine it isn’t supposed to do this, but I can’t understand what would be causing it if it weren’t.

Any advice, help, tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike

#3 1 year ago

LX-5 I believe…haven’t gotten around to updating to LX-7

#5 1 year ago

I would agree with this, except for that it stages the balls correctly initially…so the diverters are working. I’ve verified that the trough optos work, but will re-check sw # 67, trough up, when I get home later, along with all of the subway optos. The strange thing is that when it stages the balls, there is a delay in the auto launch, as there should be, but during attract when it auto launches it shoots out two or three balls immediately after each other?!?!

I will dig deeper later and report any findings, but am still open to hearing opinions.
Thanks again

#9 1 year ago

I appreciate everyone's advice. I have gone through each switch and even shook the shit outta the game in test and everything appeared to be working properly occasionally, though, switch 67 (trough up) would trigger when I was messing with the connectors. I had already replaced the .100 connector on the opto reciever, but not the transmitter side...so I said screw it and replaced that as well. Anyways, I'm gonna chalk it up to a flaky connection there because that seems to have resolved the issue. I'm gonna reflow all solder on every board under the playfield and replace all of the idc connectors just for the hell of it now.
Thanks again everyone...I love these wpc games!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikehoss1414.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sttng-question-issue?tu=mikehoss1414 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.