Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GlassTube (resized).jpg
STTNG Decals Batch2 (resized).jpg
DoubleFacePalm (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
P_20170518_161115 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165454 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165505 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165511 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165447 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Detail - Aufkleberdicke (resized).jpg
Detail - Aufkleber groß (resized).jpg
Nachher - Flipperfinger gesamt (resized).jpg
Nachher - Apron rechts (resized).jpg
Nachher - Apron links (resized).jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

These look amazing! Ordered! (Got a PayPal error but hopefully it went through)

Also to answer a question in the original post -- we call those ball poppers "VUKs" for "Vertical Up-Kicker".

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

What's the best way to order a set of these to be delivered to the UK? Cheers.

Order direct from Nycon as he is in Germany. Last I heard he was on vacation with the family w/o internet due to roaming charges. You might want to send him a PM so he may be a week or two before responding.

Quoted from pezpunk:

These look amazing! Ordered! (Got a PayPal error but hopefully it went through)

Known issue. See post #47. I believe I have your order.

All, the last three sets sold overnight so I'm now out of stock. The preorder link is active again at:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-vukbracket-dressing-p-25.html
for those that want to be notified as soon as they go in stock. Simply click the red "Out of Stock" link at the top of the page and enter your email address and our site will notify you as soon as they are available.
This will also help me judge demand for the next batch so I can ensure all interested people get a set.

Since Nycon is on vacation; I do not have an eta on the next batch as we haven't even arranged payment.

#53 1 year ago

All were dropped off at postoffice... So everyone's on the way.

#54 1 year ago

Got mine today! Now I just need a set of the flipper decals for my stle.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#55 1 year ago

great to hear.
I hear what you are saying w/ re STLE. I have some Flipper toppers on mine; but not overly happy with them.

#56 1 year ago

For anyone on the fence for these (when they become available again). I was surprised how high quality the material was. It feels like a 5mil vinyl or maybe a little thicker. Definitely won't tear and has a strong adhesive.

I'm very happy with them.

#57 1 year ago

jorro/knockerlover: Glad you guys like them. Nice to see someone using the flipper bat decals too, apparently not everybody likes them. I sold a number of sets through a German forum and a few of the peoble there reported that their flipper bats are shorter than the decals, which got me a bit worried that I have wrong bats in my machine.

thewool: I have sent you a PM right after I saw your post.

PTHermes: Keep them safe where you can find them. There is something else in the pipeline that you might want in the near future

The material used is a thin two-ply plastic about 8mil thick (0,2 milimeters in non-imperial units). The upper layer of the plastic is removed by a laser process, exposing the bottom layer. Hence the two colors (brushed silver of the top layer, black of the bottom one). Far superior in look and feel than any printing can do.

Shipping to everywhere besides the US is handled by me, so just let me know. Right now I am on a much needed vacation, so response times may vary. I will be back in about a week though.

Cheers
Christian

#59 1 year ago

I just came across this thread and missed out. Hoping the next batch will be available soon; added myself to the email notification on Zitt's site.

These look awesome!

#60 1 year ago

I was actually surprised by the interest in these and underestimated demand when I worked with Nycon for the first batch; I felt that 30sets was a risk. That turned out not to be true.
This is why it's critical you guys sign up for the waitlist so I know how many people are likely interested.

#61 1 year ago

Just missed out myself. Count me in for the late July run zitt, filled out the form.

#62 1 year ago

Just got mine today.
The USPS was kind enough to fold the shipping envelope in half and cram in in the mailbox
I don't think the creases are coming out.
NEWMAN!!

#63 1 year ago

I'll be ordering a set when they're back in stock.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

The USPS was kind enough to fold the shipping envelope in half and cram in in the mailbox
I don't think the creases are coming out.

Fold a stayflat... in half?
Just Wow. Congrats; you are the first person to report shipping related damage in several years.

I'm about 90% sure that I included insurance on the package.
Please contact me at
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/contact_us.php
and we'll start the insurance claim. I don't have any to send as replacement; so we'll need to document the envelope damage via picture and also document the damage done to the decals. Armed with this info; we'll work together to get your money refunded by USPS.

2 weeks later
#65 1 year ago

For some reason I was never notified when these became available. I'll try putting my email in for the second round.

#66 1 year ago

Paul,
Not sure; everyone got notified by our website when I hit the button.
I hope to have a new batch in a couple of weeks.

#67 1 year ago

i got mine installed the other day. they look great!

unfortunately, i ripped the largest sticker and had to creatively cut it down so that it didn't look terrible.

otherwise, it's a big improvement! really neat idea and excellent execution!

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Paul,
Not sure; everyone got notified by our website when I hit the button.
I hope to have a new batch in a couple of weeks.

Is there a list for the next batch?

PM sent

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Is there a list for the next batch?

Yes. Please add your name and email address. The preorder link is active again at:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-vukbracket-dressing-p-25.html
for those that want to be notified as soon as they go in stock. Simply click the red "Out of Stock" link at the top of the page and enter your email address and our site will notify you as soon as they are available.
This will also help me judge demand for the next batch so I can ensure all interested people get a set.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

When do you think you'll order the next ones?

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

When do you think you'll order the next ones?

I'm actually waiting on an invoice from Nycon. Once I have it; I'll pay it.
So "any day now"...

#72 1 year ago

A few more for this batch than for the first. I do not know how many of you already signed up with Zitt, but I would guess this should be sufficient for at least another week of orders

STTNG Decals Batch2 (resized).jpg

#73 1 year ago

Nycon was just paid for the next batch.
I believe he told me he had them ready to go out; so he should be shipping in a day or two.

I feel like we should have enough in the short term... but it'd be wise for anyone interested (in north america) to sign the preorder list with an email.
That way you'll know at least 24hrs before I announce availability here in the thread.

The preorder link is active again at:

#74 1 year ago

The sets will be shipped out to Zitt on Monday as the post office is already closed for the weekend.

1 week later
#75 1 year ago

Everyone whom pre-ordered and received a tracking number last night should know that I dropped off their VUK dress kits at the post office this afternoon. They are on the way folks.

The parts are back in stock at:
for North America.

#76 1 year ago

All orders have been shipped (are in transit to destination) as I dropped the yesterday's orders off at the postoffice a few minutes ago.

#77 1 year ago

Can't wait to get mine! Pretty excited for this one, folks.

#78 1 year ago

Are they shipped such that they can't be folded? I've heard stories of trashed decals because they were folded and stuffed in mailboxes.

#79 1 year ago

I don't know who you are directing that question to...
I only have one report of damaged decals; because the postoffice deliberately forced a stayflat mailer into a small mail box.

For North America only: I am shipping most orders in a "stay flat" mailer with tissue paper protecting the surface of the decals to aid in preventing shipping related damage due to shifting in the package.

Finally; post office insurance should cover damage.

#80 1 year ago

The bent decals person was me. I m happy to report that AFTER I took the decals off the backer, they straightened out just fine and look awesome. A testament to the high quality of this product, even the USPS can't wreck em.

#81 1 year ago

This decal set is not cheap. I will have it shipped to a mailbox place (UPS Store) and don't want it folded and put in my box.

#82 1 year ago

Thank you guys for your feedback on the product.

One reason I, and therefore also Zitt, have to sell this for a higher price than printed decals is again due to two main reasons:
1.) The material is very high quality and durable. It costs about 35 times as much per sheet as high quality sticker vinyl usually used for these kind of applications. But then again you could never get a convincins "silver brushed"-look by normal printing processes that do not involve special colors such as gold or silver.
2.) The decals are not printed but laser engraved. This is a process that takes time and requires equipment significantly more expensive than medium or large format photo printers/plotters that can be used for smaller decal sets.

2 weeks later
#83 1 year ago

Finally got these installed on my STTNG. Beautiful stickers! Great mod!

#84 1 year ago

Hi Nycon have you shipped to Australia before , just wondering postage cost . Your product looks great takes the pin to another dimension.

#85 1 year ago

Postage to Australia and almost any international destination with tracking and insurance is about 7€ (~10AU$). I will send you a PM shortly.

5 months later
#86 11 months ago

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to nycon and zitt for designing and then making it easy to order in the US. This HAS to be the most cost effective mod for STTNG. I can't afford a $500 lighted Apron with everything els I want to do, or to replace every ship, an I'm so excited to have this.

For me STTNG was THE GRAIL, not a grail, but THE ONE. I can't thank you enough!.

#87 11 months ago

Thanks; my pleasure.
You need to look at the STNG popcaps for a future hobby purchase
Also; come down to TPF in 2018 and play my machines.

1 month later
#88 9 months ago

newmanoconnor

Thank you for the nice feedback. It is nice to see that a silly saturday-afternoon-idea can find its way around the globe

2 months later
#89 7 months ago
Quoted from Nycon:

The decals are not printed but laser engraved.

Would you be willing to divulge the material you are using to make these? I have access to a laser engraver and this stuff looks really nice.

2 weeks later
#90 7 months ago

Just a plug for late-commers, like me

Great product! Spices up the metalparts and compliments the theme.

Thanks Christian!

#92 7 months ago

horseflesh The material is made by a company here in Germany, but there are other distibutors of two-ply plastics around. Rowmark sells similar material in the US. However, I do not know if they sell material this thin, my Rowmark Sample Booklet does not contain anything less than 1/16th inch thick. Other than that I cannot name a company on your side of the pond. But beware: These are not suitable for lasers with glass-type tubes, as they sometimes sponateously generate a low-power beam in between actual pulses, this shows on this material (and this material only, as far as my experience goes). So be sure to use a laser equipped with a RF-type laser tube or test carefully. See the attached image for the dots on the material. This phenomenon is NOT seen on acrylics or wood.

GlassTube (resized).jpg

#93 6 months ago
Quoted from Nycon:

It is nice to see that a silly saturday-afternoon-idea can find its way around the globe

I bet you never thought you'd be selling pinball products to Birmingham, Alabama!

2 weeks later
#94 6 months ago

Beware of the imitations being offered here on the Pinside market place.
It appears that someone has exactly copied Nycon 's design with a scanner and is offering a cheap knock off with just laser printing instead of laser etching.

I'd post to robin about this behavior; but I'm not sure it's against the rules.
I could have done the same thing... but instead chose to reward the original creator by becoming an distributor.

I think I'm going to go see if I can figure out if this thief bought the parts form me... if he did; I'm going to look into ways of banning him as a customer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tacoma, WA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 9.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 15.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside