P_20170518_165454 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165505 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165511 (resized).jpg
P_20170518_165447 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Detail - Aufkleberdicke (resized).jpg
Detail - Aufkleber groß (resized).jpg
Nachher - Flipperfinger gesamt (resized).jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

After a year or so of absence from this hobby and this forum, due to unforseen family problems that I had to deal with, I am back and looking forward to contibute to this forum again.

Slightly over two months ago I finally purchased a STTNG, which is one of the few machines that I really looked up to owning, and I really enjoy playing it. There were, however, a few tiny details that I really dislike in the overall very carefully and beautifully designed machine: The blank metal ball popper housings (how exactly are they called in english?) on the left and right side of the playfield.

Hence I designed custom decals in a brushed-aluminum style that I thought fits the overall theme of the machine. While I was at it I made a few more decals for places that I liked to add to.

The decals are engraved into the material (not printed!), which gives them a very nice look and touch. The decals are thin but extremely durable and even stick perfectly to the curved sufaces. Of course they can be removed without tearing and leaving any traces whatsoever.

This is the result of my work:
Detail - Aufkleber groß (resized).jpgDetail - Aufkleber groß (resized).jpgDetail - Aufkleberdicke (resized).jpgDetail - Aufkleberdicke (resized).jpg

Left popper (Front decal on large popper housing applied slightly skewed -oops)
Nachher - Auswurf links 3 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf links 3 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf links 2 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf links 2 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf link 1 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf link 1 (resized).jpg
5 stickers: Left and right side of small ball popper housing, square top plate of small ball popper housing as well as front and side of large ball popper housing

Right popper
Nachher - Auswurf rechts 1 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf rechts 1 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf rechts 2 (resized).jpgNachher - Auswurf rechts 2 (resized).jpg
3 stickers: Left & right side, curved middle part

Ramps + Loop:
Nachher - Spinner (resized).jpgNachher - Spinner (resized).jpgNachher - Delta Quadrant (resized).jpgNachher - Delta Quadrant (resized).jpgNachher - Beta Quadrant (resized).jpgNachher - Beta Quadrant (resized).jpg
5 stickers: Left loop & 2x spinner, beta & delta quadrant

Apron
Nachher - Apron links (resized).jpgNachher - Apron links (resized).jpgNachher - Apron rechts (resized).jpgNachher - Apron rechts (resized).jpg
2 stickers: Left and right side

Flipper bats
Nachher - Flipperfinger gesamt (resized).jpgNachher - Flipperfinger gesamt (resized).jpg
3 Stickers, one for each bat, with small round part in the middle that is cut separately to fit onto the existing protruding williams logo. The third sticker for the upper right bat reads "Galaxy Class", as seen in on of the previous photos.

If some of you guys are interested, please let me know. I can make more of these (complete sets only) and am willing and able ship internationally. I have finished a batch of these for a German pinball forum and the pinheads are extremely happy with their decals. As a reference, you can have a look at the thread over there (maybe using google translate): http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=182992

If you are interested, please let me know by either posting here or sending me a direct message.

I have offered another pinball part here on pinside a few years back (clear diverter for JM, see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-johnny-mnemonic-clear-matrix-ramp-diverter) very cheaply, but problems with cheap (=uninsured) international shipping (lost/damaged parcels/months of shipping time) resulted in one or two pinheads not recieving the part. I am very sorry for this, but can promise that this will not happen again. Due to the nature of the decals, being pretty small and flat, shipping in a padded envelope is possible, which should speed up the shipment processes and reduce risk of damage.

#2 6 years ago

Looking very good indeed!

#3 6 years ago

i'm interested please

#4 6 years ago

Yep - count me in.

#5 6 years ago

I'm not usually a bling-mod kinda guy but these look pretty damn nice, depending on price I'd be interested.

#6 6 years ago

Nycon,
I'm willing to become your North American Distributor if that helps.

Send me a PM if interested...

#7 6 years ago

@Zitt: Sounds interesting. I will contact you tomorrow as I have to leave for an appointment right now.

#8 6 years ago

Im interested in these as well thanks

#9 6 years ago

welcome back!

ganz geil!

pm d you!

#10 6 years ago

Nycon and I have reached an agreement and I have ordered 30 sets from him for distribution in North America.
It'll take 1-2 weeks for him to make them... then another 1-2 weeks for the parts to arrive.
I'll post here when I have a product page up and again when the product goes in stock.

Pricing should be "on par" with his Euro prices adjusted for currency conversion.

#11 6 years ago

Awesome, thanks Nycon for offering these up and to Zitt for making it easy for us!

#14 6 years ago

Count me in, Zitt ! Nice design, Nycon !

#15 6 years ago

I'm in for a set!

#16 6 years ago

Looks great! I'm interested in a set!

#17 6 years ago

I'd totally be interested too!

#18 6 years ago

Thank you guys for the support and Zitt for making things easier for all of us.

If anyone of you guys from the US or Canada wants a set, please contact Zitt directly. For all other regions I still am the right guy to talk to. Otherwise just leave a comment here that you are interested and either Zitt or I will get back to you asap.

#19 6 years ago

No need to contact me directly at this time.
They will be orderable via our website at Pinball-Mods.com/oscom when I get them in stock. I will post here when I have a orderable product link.

#20 6 years ago

I am interested and I'll keep an eye on the thread and wait for updates. Nice work!

#21 6 years ago

I have setup a preorder link at:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-vukbracket-dressing-p-25.html
for those that want to be notified as soon as they go in stock. Simply click the red "Out of Stock" link at the top of the page and enter your email address and our site will notify you as soon as they are available.

Nycon is still working on the decals; so they haven't shipped yet.

#22 6 years ago

Spendy, but really awesome and shockingly theme appropriate. If I still owned a STTNG I'd definitely be in on these! Looks -way- better than other things I've seen to cover them up or just powdercoated.

#23 6 years ago

Given these are laser etched decals; machine time takes a more important role than a simple printed vinyl cut sheet. Given the kind of money Pinblade, Aprons, and other printed vinyl costs; I really don't think these are priced outside of the market.

I don't yet have mine - so can't comment on the quality yet - but I will say that the amount of time needed to etch the decals with a laser cutter makes the price somewhat understandable.

That's why I decided to become a distributor without having seen them first hand... as I really think the laser etching makes this a more resilient product in the long term.

#24 6 years ago

Very cool product. Thanks Nycon and @zitt. I'll be ordering a set as soon as they come in.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Given these are laser etched decals; machine time takes a more important role than a simple printed vinyl cut sheet. Given the kind of money Pinblade, Aprons, and other printed vinyl costs; I really don't think these are priced outside of the market.

I think they are quite reasonable. Certainly cheaper than my idea was

#26 6 years ago

PM send

#27 6 years ago

These really do look great. They add some class to the original product without being too flashy or over the top. I put in for notification and will buy as soon as they come available.

#28 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, will this be fixed on the final product?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I know - I know. I'm nit picking.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Out of curiosity, will this be fixed on the final product?

I know - I know. I'm nit picking.

Nycon will have to confirm; but I'm guessing that every VUK will be slightly different in terms of assembly/welding; so it'd be impossible to get a "common" decal which worked in every case.

#30 6 years ago

I think these look great. If done well, it's going to have that "hard to imagine not having them" look.

#31 6 years ago

@pahuffman: As you might be able to see the decal in the photo is mounted somewhat askew as well. I was a bit too lazy and did not remove the other VUK in front, or the big one, which would have made correct placing the decal much easier. I can place the decal on my large VUK (with the back on, so it is not sticking on immediately) well over the visible welding points. You might, however, end up with slightly different spacing between the outer side of the decal and the outer edge of the VUK, as there seem to be at least two versions out there, as I had to adjust the size down as two guys from the German forum reported that the decals were slightly too large for the metal parts they found in their machine. I visited on of them and took measurements. Hence I decided to ship out decals that fit on every machine without having to be cut for size-adjustment later on.

1 week later
#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Nycon:

As you might be able to see the decal in the photo is mounted somewhat askew as well. I was a bit too lazy and did not remove the other VUK in front, or the big one, which would have made correct placing the decal much easier. I can place the decal on my large VUK (with the back on, so it is not sticking on immediately) well over the visible welding points. You might, however, end up with slightly different spacing between the outer side of the decal and the outer edge of the VUK, as there seem to be at least two versions out there, as I had to adjust the size down as two guys from the German forum reported that the decals were slightly too large for the metal parts they found in their machine. I visited on of them and took measurements. Hence I decided to ship out decals that fit on every machine without having to be cut for size-adjustment later on.

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully these are in stock soon! Really looking forward to adding that extra bit of class and flash.

#33 6 years ago

really nice work here, congrats
not so sure for the flipper bats but the rest is really cool and well integrated in the game

#34 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from Nycon ?
He's dropped off the radar and is not answering emails or PMs.
Last post on the German forums was from 5/2 but the google translate didn't really help shed any light on what's going on.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Has anyone heard from Nycon ?
He's dropped off the radar and is not answering emails or PMs.
Last post on the German forums was from 5/2 but the google translate didn't really help shed any light on what's going on.

i havent heard from him,
i ordered a set and paypaled , and pm d with him about the sending etc, but no set no awnsering anymore.

maybe he's on vacation? or just bussy
hope to get mine soon.
(probably bussy drinking beer, he is german )

#36 6 years ago

Sorry for being "off radar" for a week, but everything went a little haywire here. We had an unexpected death and a stomach cancer diagnosis in the family, both in one week. All in all that was a little bit too much and I had to prioritize, family first, always. I can only ask for your understanding in this situation.

Zitt's sets are almost completed and will either ship Monday. Same goes for jorro's.

The most recent posts on the German forum concern two people mentioning that the flipper bat decals are too large for the bats they have installed. This strikes me as odd, as all my machines have the same size bats (74mm / 2,91 inches).

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Nycon:

Sorry for being "off radar" for a week, but everything went a little haywire here. We had an unexpected death and a stomach cancer diagnosis in the family, both in one week. All in all that was a little bit too much and I had to prioritize, family first, always. I can only ask for your understanding in this situation.
Zitt's sets are almost completed and will either ship Monday. Same goes for jorro's.
The most recent posts on the German forum concern two people mentioning that the flipper bat decals are too large for the bats they have installed. This strikes me as odd, as all my machines have the same size bats (74mm / 2,91 inches).

We're definitely wishing you and your family peace during this time. There certainly are things that are more important than pinball.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

We're definitely wishing you and your family peace during this time. There certainly are things that are more important than pinball.

amen!!

#39 6 years ago

Nycon, Thanks for the update and wishing you and yours a speedy recovery.

#40 6 years ago

Nycon tells me mine have shipped and has provided me with a tracking number.
Will post notify people on the pre-order first... then roughly a day later post here when they go in stock.

If you still want to be on the wait list see post #21 for the link/instructions.

#41 6 years ago

Following. Filled out the preorder form, definitely need a set of these for my (full tilt modding sttng).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-full-tilt-modding#post-3658010

#42 6 years ago

just recieved mine today, thanx nycon!
had to adjust/ cut a little cause my poppers have a dent in them , but was easy great material.
like it a lot!

P_20170518_165447 (resized).jpgP_20170518_165447 (resized).jpg

P_20170518_165511 (resized).jpgP_20170518_165511 (resized).jpg

P_20170518_165505 (resized).jpgP_20170518_165505 (resized).jpg

P_20170518_165454 (resized).jpgP_20170518_165454 (resized).jpg

P_20170518_161115 (resized).jpgP_20170518_161115 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#43 6 years ago

All,
As promised, I gave the preorder people 24hrs to order in advance. I sold nearly half of my stock the first 24 hrs.
As a result these are now in limited quanities so this will be first-come-first-served.
If I cannot fill your order because I run out of stock; I'll have to refund your order as the inventory tracking portion of our website isn't working for this product for some reason.

For North America only: I am shipping most orders in a "stay flat" mailer with tissue paper protecting the surface of the decals to aid in preventing shipping related damage due to shifting in the package. Additionally; Check the complete mailer for a small craft colored envelope. This envelope has a the flipper toppers, spinner decal, and a couple of bracket decals. Again; this envelope is used to help prevent scratches during shipping. I reserve the right to adjust packaging based upon companion items on the order and make changes based upon feedback from customers.

Now in stock for North America (USA, Canada, Mexico):
http://Pinball-Mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-stng-vukbracket-dressing-p-25.html

These are priced the same as Nycon's at 39Euros... adjusted to USD based upon the current exchange rate.

#44 6 years ago

I was about to adjust my uniform and say "shut up Wesley"...

Till you had me at "The decals are engraved into the material (not printed!), which gives them a very nice look and touch."

I then said, make it so...

#46 6 years ago

Hmm. Placed an order but got a paypal error. Here's hoping I'm not too late!

#47 6 years ago

The paypal error is a new feature they introduced a couple of months ago which I haven't been able to duplicate using their developer sandbox.
Pretty much "expected" behavior now... so patiently wait for the paypal transaction to show up in your account and you are good.

Mocean, Your order was received.

#48 6 years ago

have about 6 sets left. All orders have already been delivered to the post office... which means about 24 sets are already in flight to their destination.

#49 6 years ago

Set ordered, These look great! Will go great with my illuminated apron, Not sure what I'll do with the 2 apron stickers.

#50 6 years ago

What's the best way to order a set of these to be delivered to the UK? Cheers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sttng-mod-for-ball-popper-housings-and-other-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.