• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture1 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Ok, I had my Strike Zone up and running quite well. The only issue was the when the any down post switch was activate (including from the outhole) the coil would fire repeatedly making a chatter sound. Also, when the game is in game over mode, the down post switches would still be active, if you press them, the chatter would happen. Nothing else on the playfield would be active. I took the post assembly apart and found it really gunked up with god knows what. I cleaned it and put it all back together. The sound became more of a buzz than a chatter. The problem is that now the start button and the outhole switch are completely unresponsive. I can trip the replay relay by hand and it will start the game and I can trip the outhole relay by hand and it will trigger everything its supposed to trigger. I’m at a loss about how this could have happened. I don’t think I messed with anything other than the post assembly. What could take these 2 switches out of commission? Can any experts please shed some light? I’m desperate.

#2 3 years ago

This is the start circuit to check. And since the Outhole relay is not part of that, not quite sure why tripping it would start the game, but check the M/B on it on the Down post relay circuit.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
#3 3 years ago

You misread the post. The outhole relay wasn’t starting the game, it was doing what it should if I tripped it. Turns out it was a a very dirty switch on the Index A of the score motor. Both switches are common there. Fixed with a q-tip and alcohol. All is well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-strike-zone-start-button-and-outhole-switch-failure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.