5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

The knocker on my Strike Zone has never worked since I've owned it. The schematic on ipbd is a scan of mine which is no better. The coil looks fine. The plunger moves freely. The make break switch on the 10 and 25 cent relays look ok. The wires are attached and the switch is properly adjusted on the replay unit EOS switch. I'm not sure where else to check.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2404/Williams_1970_Strike_Zone_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

The switches that control power to the knocker solenoid are the following:

Replay set up EOS switch - black(?)/white wire and black wire
    10 cent relay switch - orange/green wire and orange/red wire
    25 cent relay switch - green/orange wire and orange/green wire
    25 cent coin switch - yellow/red wire and green/orange wire
    Anti-cheat switch - yellow wire and yellow/red wire

First, make sure the switches are clean and adjusted properly. Sometimes you have to "scrub" the switch contacts with a Flexstone file or similar file to get them clean. You can also test to see if the knocker solenoid is working with a multi-meter - should read 2 ohms or higher - or use a jumper wire from the fuse block to activate the solenoid. Or use a 9 volt battery on the solenoid lugs - if it moves the solenoid plunger slightly, then the solenoid is good...

#3 5 years ago

fredsmythson is right, and here's the circuit to inspect and diagnose with Alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the indicated end-of-stroke switch on the Replay Step Up unit.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
    #4 5 years ago

Thank you both. I cant check again until tomorrow night, but ill repot back.

#5 5 years ago

Coil is good. There are some cut wires in the coin door flopping around. Based on what you've both mentioned, I think this is going to be the issue..still trying to figure it out, but I think I'm close.

#6 5 years ago

The wire on the make break switch on the 25 cent coin switch had been cut. I used a jumper..went back and activated the credit unit eos swtich and it worked. I used both of your suggestions..fredsmythson for the wire colors and HowardR for the much needed line in the schematic to the coin switches. Thank you both again for your help!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-strike-zone-knocker-does-not-work?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.