View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3317 (resized).JPG
IMG_3316 (resized).JPG
IMG_3315 (resized).JPG
IMG_3312 (resized).JPG
IMG_3313 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Just purchased my first pinball machine, I have a little coaching but really am a complete rookie in a lot of ways.

In the head, the player four scoring reels/relay area I have a mystery blue/white wire just hanging out. You can see the solder on the end, so it belongs somewhere, I just can't locate where. There is only 4-5inches of slack as well, so I know it must belong somewhere close by.

The machine was playing with only the bonus and gates malfunctioning. I did some cleaning and they now work. But now the machine is currently stuck in constant reset mode...thinking it has something to do with this wire.

IMG_3312 (resized).JPGIMG_3312 (resized).JPGIMG_3313 (resized).JPGIMG_3313 (resized).JPGIMG_3315 (resized).JPGIMG_3315 (resized).JPGIMG_3316 (resized).JPGIMG_3316 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from EddieBreaks:

I just can't locate where.

If you have a schematic, that would help you know where it should go.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

Might be the W-BLU-4 wire shown from the 10 point relay to the 4th player disk unit EOS switch? See if that wire has continuity to the W-BLU on the 10 point relay.

#5 4 years ago

Hi EddieBreaks , Welcome to pinside!

If the motor keeps running, which of these switches is keeping it running?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 4 years ago

Found it! There was a broken leaf switch on the player 4 10to90 unit. About to post my next issue in a new thread, the bonus unit that controls the 1000-10,000 point ladder counts down to zero, but then backs off a step and gives the player 1000pts, making the score motor stick and stop any game from being played.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-strato-flite-mystery-wire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.