5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have been working on my Stellar Wars board The game was acting strangely, so I decided to socket the chips on the board with sip sockets The board was working before, and now I only get the top LED locked on and no bottom LED. The GI lights come on, but not the displays. I checked all of the voltages on the power supply board and they all check out. I used a DMM to make sure none of the newly solder connections are connected to things they shouldn't be like neighbors. I got continuity on all connections that I can see should be there from the traces. I replaced the ROM chips with a new set off of Ebay that has the two flipper roms and one new rom in the formerly empty socket that is supposed to replace the 3 original proms. I repinned the top left connector where the power comes in both male and female. I disconnected the solenoid driver board. The interconnect is newer.

I also replaced and socketed the 5101 chip.

The board was working before I socketed these chips, but now it isn't. This is maddening. I have a rottendog board in my Firepower, so i put that board in and the game plays great.

Any ideas on something I am missing? I read a bunch of posts including Vids guide to system 6 board and pinball.flippers.info page on 3-6 boards.

My best guess is a power issue or an issue with reading the chips. Any ideas would help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-stellar-wars-pinball-machine-system-6-one-led-light-on-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.