• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hello folks. Finally found an EM machine to enjoy by Williams called Stardust. When you turn the switch on the cam gear in the base just keeps spinning and there is a set of 2 mechanisms that I forget the name of that have circular vertical wheels with contacts on them. The one closest to the back of the machine keeps pulsing but not doing anything. It's not spinning the contacts in other words as I think that it's in a position where it is supposed to stop. The other thing is the Lock and Coin relay energize as soon as the machine is on and stay energized. The funny thing is the game can be played while it's doing this. Every scoring switch on top works, the score wheels turn and the flippers work. Not many lights on but I'm thinking bad bulbs that never got changed. If anyone has an idea of how to proceed from here I would be most grateful. Many thanks in advance

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from StotzBotz:

When you turn the switch on the cam gear in the base just keeps spinning

If you're talking about the score motor (this thing), check these switches on these relays. One of those switches is closed, either because it's out of adjustment or its relay is stuck closed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 3 years ago

#4 3 years ago

Okay so I want to say that what I did was offset all of the score reels and turned the machine on. If the coin and lock relay are supposed to stay energized then my apologies. What happens is the score motor constantly spins, the relay at the end of the score motor towards the back of the machine stays energized and the vertical mechanism towards the back still keeps clicking. The score reels do not reset although I though they weren't supposed to until the start button is pushed. When I go to the back of the machine and push in the coil for the score reels reset all of the score reels properly set back to 0. The game also acts like it's in play mode when you hit the flipper buttons or hit any of the scoring switches

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

The other thing is the Lock and Coin relay energize as soon as the machine is on and stay energized.

The Coin relay is causing the score motor to run. Fix that and the score motor should stop.
The Coin relay shouldn't energize as soon as the machine is turned on. There are other possibilities, but coin switches in the front door are suspect because their location makes them vulnerable to accidents

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The Coin relay is causing the score motor to run. Fix that and the score motor should stop.
The Coin relay shouldn't energize as soon as the machine is turned on. There are other possibilities, but coin switches in the front door are suspect because their location makes them vulnerable to accidents

Sorry, your right. I misread it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-stardust-lock-amp-coin-relay-stuck-playing-but-cam-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.