image.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 8 45 39 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 9 09 06 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 9 08 35 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 21, 2 00 43 PM (1).jpg
Photo Feb 22, 7 53 04 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 21, 2 02 04 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 21, 2 04 49 PM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm in the process of restoring a bunch of Williams games - Robotron, Joust, Joust 2, Varkon and Stargate. All of them had problems with the speaker panel grill - cracked, holes busted into them, faded, etc. I went ahead and had a bunch of reproduction grills produced to fulfill my own needs and it just made sense to make extras.

These powder coated black steel mesh grills are custom bent to exactly fit the original Williams speaker panel found on Robotron, Joust, Joust 2, Stargate and Varkon, too. I believe they will also fit Moon Patrol, Mystic Marathon, Sinistar, Inferno and Blaster although I have not confirmed these titles for proper fit. I believe that Defender used a different sized grill.

The mesh pattern on these are almost an identical match to the original Williams plastic grills installed back in the early 80's. Most of those are horribly faded, brittle and very delicate today. These grills are made of steel and will never crack or break. They make your cabinet look incredible. I've included a bunch of pictures showing original grills next to the reproduction and before and after shots of my Robotron.

I'm selling these for $40.00 each + $15.00 shipping within the USA. Paypal is accepted as a gift only at [email protected]. Be sure to include a note with your payment specifying what you are buying and include your ship to address.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Steve Winslow

#4 10 years ago

Crap. Sorry about that. Here are the pictures:

Photo Feb 21, 2 00 43 PM (1).jpgPhoto Feb 21, 2 00 43 PM (1).jpg
Photo Feb 21, 2 02 04 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 21, 2 02 04 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 21, 2 04 49 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 21, 2 04 49 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 7 53 04 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 22, 7 53 04 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 8 45 39 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 22, 8 45 39 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 9 08 35 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 22, 9 08 35 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 22, 9 09 06 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 22, 9 09 06 AM.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Thanks. All the orders received should be going out by the end of the week.

#7 10 years ago

Just an update here on the progress with these. Since starting this project and with the help of other collectors I've identified and obtained the 3 different sizes of grills that Williams used for all the variants of their early cabinets. All 3 will be available very soon. They are:

Robotron / Joust size (large)
Sinistar / Moon Patrol size (small)
Defender size (extra large)

These should be available to ship in about a week. All orders received already will be shipping tomorrow and early next week. Thanks for all the interest and tremendous support from everyone. Once I have all the versions of these I'll take more pictures and update this this thread.

Regards,

Steve

#9 10 years ago

Actually, Varkon uses the same speaker panel and its a pinball!

It's reaching - I know!

#10 10 years ago

Looks like the Varkon that just went up for sale could use one of these!

These are so commonly broken that I'm always surprised to find one that ISN'T broken.

3 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

Defender grills and Sinistar/Moon Patrol/Bubbles grills are now in stock!

These came out great. Like the Robotron / Joust grills, these are heavy duty, black powder coated steel. They're custom bent and fit perfectly on the speaker panel used in the upright cabinets. They may also fit Make Trax games (unconfirmed). I'll be installing one on my buddy's Sinistar soon and will take pictures of it on the game. These pictures compares the old with the new both the Defender grill and Sinistar grill are shown.

These are $40.00 each and $15.00 to ship within the USA. You can PayPal [email protected] (gift preferred or add fees). International shipping or multiple orders will require a shipping quote.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-287.jpgimage-287.jpg

Thanks for looking.

#13 10 years ago

It could be done but it would also require a licensing agreement from PP or BAA.

#14 10 years ago

These came out great. Like the Robotron / Joust grills, these are heavy duty, black powder coated steel. They're custom bent and fit perfectly on the speaker panel used on Defender upright cabinets. I'll be installing one on my buddy's Defender soon and will take pictures of it on the game. This picture compares the old with the new.

These are $40.00 each and $15.00 to ship within the USA. You can PayPal [email protected] (gift preferred or add fees). International shipping or multiple orders will require a shipping quote.

Sinistar, Moon Patrol, Bubbles, Joust and Robotron grills are also available.

Thanks for looking.

image-255.jpgimage-255.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
2 weeks later
#16 10 years ago

Bump for the vidiots in the crowd!

2 months later
9 months later
#19 9 years ago

A second run of these speaker grills are available and shipping now. $40 + $15.00 shipping within the CONUS.

You can Paypal as a gift to [email protected]. Be sure to include a note with your payment specifying what you're buying (for which game) and include your mailing address. They will go out the next day.

Please PM me for a shipping quote for multiple orders or International shipping.

#20 9 years ago

Sorry, just to confirm the sizes available:

1. Joust / Robotron / Stargate / Varkon

2. Moon Patrol / Sinistar / Bubbles

3. Defender

1 month later
#21 8 years ago

These have been selling fast but some are still available. I'm sure there are many pinball folks with classic Williams video games, too! Get them now!

6 months later
#23 8 years ago

So glad they worked out good for you Phoebe! I know your restorations are top notch so these would definitely complement a nicely restored cabinet. Thanks for the positive feedback! Hope you are doing well.

Steve Winslow

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-speaker-panel-grills-for-sale?tu=winslow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.