You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Manual (resized).png
10A (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi,

I just brought home a Spanish Eyes, None of the pop bumpers fire. I'm assuming bad rectifier and/or capacitor. Should I be looking anywhere else?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Check the 10 amp fuse too

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi,
I just brought him a Spanish Eyes, None of the pop bumpers fire. I'm assuming bad rectifier and/or capacitor. Should I be looking anywhere else?
Thanks

There is a 10 Amp fuse that controls the pops. Check under the playfield in the center by the rectifier.

10A (resized).png10A (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

I forgot to mention. I checked the fuse, it's good.

#5 3 years ago

According to the manual, practically never the rectifier.

Manual (resized).pngManual (resized).png
#6 3 years ago

Do you have dc voltage coming out of the rectifier?

#7 3 years ago

Thanks,

Darn if the manual isn't correct!

Showing 41.0VDC at the rectifier.

It turns out that the contacts are so dirty on all of the pop bumpers, that even when the switches are closed, none of them are letting current flow. If I jump the blades with a screw driver, the pops fire. I'm really going to have to go through this one with a fine toothed comb, er dremel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-spanish-eyes-no-pops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.