Williams Space Station Left GI, F3 Fuse problems System 11B

By Chosen_S

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys,

I've spent the last few weeks re-stenciling and shopping my space station.

I got everything just about put back together when a few tech issues arose.
Hope a few of you system 11 gurus can point me in the right direction

1. Setting will not hold. It keeps reverting back to factory. I put a remote battery holder in, to get the batteries off of the mpu. It has new batteries and worked for a few days. now its not. ( I did leave for a week, and then came back to it doing this)

2. The left GI was not working, the white, or green, I traced the problem to the far relay board under the play field and found burn on the connector (common problem), I removed the burned solder and reflowed all of the connections on the little board, also tested continuity to make sure the burn did not create issues with and connections ( I assume the relay is bad, but wanted to see if this would help). put it back in, same problem. I then swapped the other good relay from the front of the under play field with it. then everything appeared to work. I Started a game and the jet bumpers stopped working. thought ok, the relay needs to be replaced after all. then I put both relays back in their original places, and powered on, and everything was working, both left and right GI are on (weird). I started a game, jet bumpers still don't work and then later noticed the F3 fuse that controls the jet bumpers and the right ball lock blew.

SO, the fuse in it that blew... did this happen because of the bad relay and swapping them?

The F3 fuse that blew, was a 125VOLT 1 8/10 (that's the info on the fuse)
the manual says to use a 250 volt 2A, I have one (250 v ?A), and I put it in, and it stuck the first coil on the jet bumper in test mode.
The cheat sheet in the backbox next to the F3 fuse says to use a 25Volt (2 A.S.B.)

which fuse DO I use??? LOL

Thank you guys for any help!

#2 9 years ago

Wish I could help but your way over my head.

4 weeks later
#3 9 years ago

I needed a 2 amp fuse

The pop bumpers were blowing the fuse, because the lower one was partially taken apart ( had the top off, and the metal bumper was touching the lighting metal when activated and bumped) caused the fuse to blow)
I rebuilt all 3 pops and the fuse stopped blowing

The relays needed to be reflowed, and contacts cleaned

All works now

#4 9 years ago

Really glad to hear ya fixed the problem. Good detective work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-station-left-gi-f3-fuse-problems-system-11b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.