Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Well hopefully I can explain this right.
I have a Space shuttle that all the boards have been sent off and fixed, after getting them back everything worked except the slingshots, after some tests I replaced the coils for them, still no workie.But for some reason the fuse will blow evertime I turn the machine on.
I removed the ground plug from the main board and turned on the machine and the fuse stays good.Then I one by one touched each ground back to its coil and the fuse stayed good, I shut the game off reattached all wires to the coils and turn it back on and blew the fuse, what am I missing? All coils read around 5 ohms, voltage is around 22 -24 volts.

#2 3 years ago

It sounds like you have a coil wire shorting to ground. Make sure you did not pinch a wire under a switch when putting everything back together.

Worse case, add back solenoids one at a time til the fuse blows, disconnect earlier solenoids, verify fuse blows with just that one solenoid, now you know which one to look closely at.

You did not mention it, but is it the solenoid fuse that blows?

#3 3 years ago

Yes , its the special solenoid fuse for the 3 pop bumpers and the slingshots .

#4 3 years ago

I've had issues in the past where the wires passing under the pop bumpers get pinched by the coil bracket. Make sure you didn't do that with the coil bracket for the slingshots. Otherwise, disconnect one at a time till fuse stops blowing, or add one at a time until the fuse blows so you can track down one single area to look for the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-shuttle-slingshot-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.