New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 30370)

Williams Space Shuttle memory resets when powered on

By Willy39

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Baiter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo(5).JPG

#1 8 years ago

I have a Space Shuttle that is having an issue keeping any saved settings and scores. Basically when I turn it on, the game lights go on and the backglass displays some numbers and that is it (See pic for example of backglass display). To get the game to work I have to toggle through all the settings once, and then toggle through them again the second time to adjust the settings like numbers of balls, freeplay, etc, and THEN after it toggles all the way through, the game will act normally and play as usual. I do have the battery pack NOT on the board. It is velcroed to the inside of the backbox with a wire going to the board where the battery pack should be to prevent corrosion. Any ideas why my settings and high scores are not being saved? And yes, I did replace the batteries so they are new.

photo(5).JPG

#2 8 years ago

Did you grab your meter and see if battery power is getting onto the board ?

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Sorry, not sure why pic is upside down!

#4 8 years ago

I did not. Not too familiar with that though I do have the meter. Where would I test that? At the board where it connects?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I did not. Not too familiar with that though I do have the meter. Where would I test that? At the board where it connects?

Pull the board and battery pack.

See where the wires from the battery pack solder onto the board ? Follow the traces away from that area and check at the next solder joint for another component.

LTG : )

#6 8 years ago

I agree... It basically means the batteries are not working.. connection issue, corrosion, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 17.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 6,300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 27.50
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside