Williams Space Mission player reset relay

By lastlight

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone know if this is normal?

I've looked at the 3-4 player reset and it does not have these gaps where the switches slide in. It seems to be affecting my reset on player 1-2 as some reels aren't always getting pulsed.

http://fishbrains.net/images/arcade/playerreset1.jpg

What is that plastic piece called and can a new one be installed? it's riveted in I don't think I am capable currently of doing that but if anyone can point me to a replacement or the whole assembly i'd be grateful. also how do i go about buying new switches for this or any other piece on the game? the ones in this relay are pretty mangled. these are the M29 900 if that helps.

http://fishbrains.net/images/arcade/playerreset2.jpg

Unit second from the right.

#2 8 years ago

Hi lastlight
I am german speaking - when I want to talk about that stuff: I use "anchor plate" for the metal part - and I use "Nylon Ladder" for Your "plastic piece".

I had a look in my "Space Mission" - ALL 5 NYLON LADDERS (Your pic-2) look exactly the same - none does look like the Nylon Ladder as Your pic-1 is showing.

Maybe a "Preowner" could not adjust the blades on the Reset-Relay and (finally / frustrated) took a file and filed a bigger gap ?

Not visible in Your Pic-2: On Top -> above, above, above are 4 Interlock-Relays (if a player gets over 100'000 points) - these relays (in my Space Mission) only have 2 Switches, hooked-in into the Nylon-Ladder "in the MIDDLE". Your "faulty filed away spots are ON THE OUTSIDE of the ladder ->

Want to try ?: Take away "the anchor-plate with the Nylon Ladder" from an Interlock-Relay and mount this in place in / at the Reset-Relay ? and vice verse ?
The "filed-away spots / places" are not used in the Interlock-Relay (blades are in the middle).
Readjust the blades of the switches in the Reset-Relay (having a "new, good Nylon Ladder") ?
Greetings Rolf

#3 8 years ago

Call Steve at PBR. I'm pretty sure he'll have good condition used armatures.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys! Rolf that's a great idea I'll try that first. If I wanted to replace the switch stack as well what would I look for? Some are pretty mangled and I didn't have much luck trying to straighten them.

#5 8 years ago

Hi lastlight
I do not know - if You succeed changing anchor-plates - it was just an idea I had when looking in the backbox (after having a look at Your pic-2) -> hey, these Interlock-Relays ...
I have mostly Williams pins - I would look through my box(es) of "spare parts" - I LIKE the widespread-used "M29-1100 Relays" I'd start (trying) to "sacrifice / using as donator" one of these.
YOU SHOULD HAVE A SWITCH ADJUSTMENT TOOL for setting the blades "correct" - an example is shown here: http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html#Tools -> the "L Contact Adjuster".
(You also could ask for Williams (Space Mission) "Switch Blades" (?)).

Two "flat (nose) pliers" bending a bit - then moving the pliers a bit - then bending a bit ...
If You do not succeed - I think: In USA / CANADA You should get new blades. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-mission-player-reset-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.