Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Space Mission 100 pt relay (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I have a Space Mission pinball that I have got working most of the way. The problem I have with it now is it will not score 100 points. Anything that is suppose to score 100 points will not score. The pop bumpers pop down but does not score the 100. Both saucers will pop the ball out but does not score the 500. The spinner does not score 100 points. The left and right lanes at the top do not score 100 points. If I score 10 points until it is suppose to go to 100 the 100 relay does pull in and scores 100 points. If I manually push the 100 relay in it scores 100 points and the chime works. Any ideas where I should start looking for the problem to this issue. Thanks for looking

#2 5 months ago

Based on your description we can simplify the schematic to something like this:
Space Mission 100 pt relay (resized).jpg
The path on the top through the pop bumper switches doesn't work while the lower paths through the 10 point relay switch do work. With the game unplugged you should be able to clip in your multimeter across one of the pop bumper switches and measure the resistance across the switch when it's open and closed. When it's closed you should see a resistance of an ohm or less.

Leave one probe on the yellow wire and move the other probe along the white-red wire to the 100 point relay coil solder lug and repeat the experiment by closing the pop bumper switch. You probably won't see the resistance drop as you did before. Somewhere between those two points is a bad connection.

I'd guess that the white-red wire isn't getting through the jones plug in the backbox. The reason the lower paths work is because the 100 point relay is getting power through another pin on the jones plug.

/Mark

#3 5 months ago

Mark you where right on. I done as you said and got 0 ohms when drop target switch was closed. Then I checked red/white wire at 100 relay coil lug and the resistance did not drop to 0. So then I figured out where the red/white wire was on the Jones plug in the back box. I unplugged that Jones plug and checked that Male part of that wires pin for that wire. Did not drop to 0 like it should. That pin was really corroded so I took a switch file to it. I then got 0 ohms. Plugged it back in and got 0 ohms on female side. I then started a game an 100 points scored as it should. I cleaned all of the Jones plugs when I cleaned all of the units. I guess I did not get that one good somehow. Thanks

#4 4 months ago

Sorry, wrong place...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charleston, WV
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside