01_values.jpg
20211130_142425 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Williams_B-capacitor (resized).jpg
20211130_123413 (resized).jpg
1b6a3c03f5556198fac0010bb9a94eb9f4febc71 (resized).jpg
cvsd_lane.jpg
20211124_194340 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

This is the section that is not stuffed/populated.

cvsd_lane.jpgcvsd_lane.jpg

There are some component value differences between 11A, early 11B and late 11B. Note the values on the board and in the manual and cross check to be sure. The value differences will likely affect volume levels (mixing) between the lanes.

The value differences are not limited to the CVSD lane. The differences are across all the lanes.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

DumbAss ... If you have the component values that vary across the System 11 models, I'd love to add that info to the PinWiki.

Sorry I don't have the time to better present the material (i.e. a more readily consumable form). I am trying to finish off some loose ends and I am coming in warm to hot to complete the tasks before a hard deadline (that you are already aware of).

When I was building the reproduction board capture I collated all the different values. Everything is based on the manual BOM but I did verify some of them with different boards from actual machines. I didn't verify it against every board from every different machine as I only have a few System 11 games.

These are the value differences. The jumper selection (A, B or C) aligns to the resistor value above.

01_values.jpg01_values.jpg

These are the selection criteria (A, B or C) grouped by games.

02_groups.jpg02_groups.jpg

Cyclone and Taxi only differ in the value of R16 (corresponding W16 in the table). The difference is 6.8k to 10k. You have already noted that. Fortunately Cyclone and Taxi are groups A and B. If you try to change boards between groups 1/2 to 3 there are many more notable value changes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DumbAss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sound-board-conversion?tu=DumbAss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.