Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

On IPDB the joust ROMs contain a SOUND12 image in a 32Kbit size. Barracora's ROMs contain a SOUND12 image in a 16Kbit size.

The SOUND12.532 image from joust is not a doubled up version of the SOUND12.716 image from Barracora.

I figure one is mislabaled. Anyone know which? I need to strap a sound board for Barracora. It came in with a Joust ROM is why i noticed this discrepancy.

#2 8 years ago

Bump - as I would also like to know the answer to this one.

#3 8 years ago

I am pretty confident the sound ROM on IPDB for Barracora goes with Barracora, and the same thing with joust.... just one of them is mislabeled.

#4 8 years ago

My Archive of Baracorra has the file Sound4.716. Both this file and the Sound12.716 have the checksum of $C440.

So, Williams must have had the name wrong on their website and still does (pinball.com).

#5 8 years ago

Thank you Jack!

Sound 12 is probably supposed to be the one with Joust and is a 32Kbit image.
Sound 4 should be with Barracora and is a 16Kbit image.

There is not much info out there about these WMS sound boards for whatever reason.

Andrew

#6 8 years ago

I was chatting with John Wart today and it looks like there is major confusion about what sound ROM go with each game. There are other games with wrong sound ROMs on IPDB and ETC. We should try and figure this out. I will make a list of what I know is 100% right when I have time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Tools
Pincoder Store

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sound-12-rom-confusion-joust-barracora and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.