Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

494DCF71-B949-4E0D-9F0B-BCC375ED6F94 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have a Williams Sorcerer that has some memory issues. After changing the batteries, the game will not retain any of the settings. When I bought the game 5 years ago it had a new battery holder installed so I don’t know if it had any battery leakage. Since buying it I regularly change batteries and use the industrial type.

I’m wondering what causes the game to not hold memory. For awhile I would put the game on free play and it would hold memory after turning the game on/off for a few weeks. Now it won’t hold settings at all, I type in the free play code, shut the door and immediately the settings are gone again. Could this be an issue with the eprom?

Thanks for your advice!

#2 3 years ago

Here is a photo of the ROM chips in the game, should I upgrade these?

494DCF71-B949-4E0D-9F0B-BCC375ED6F94 (resized).jpeg494DCF71-B949-4E0D-9F0B-BCC375ED6F94 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Here is a photo of the ROM chips in the game, should I upgrade these?
[quoted image]

Those are for your speech. Has the battery holder separated at any of the 6 points. Diode 1n4148 could be bad.

Edit: D3 1N4148 could be bad

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Those are for your speech. Has the battery holder separated at any of the 6 points. Diode 1n4148 could be bad.

Quoted from chad:

Ok, will look into this, thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-sorcerer-memory-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.