score motor (resized).jpg
relay bank reset (resized).jpg
5th ball through switch (resized).jpg
25c adjust (resized).jpg
1 missing relays (resized).jpg
problem (resized).jpg
20210319_134507 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I just got this Williams Soccer as part of a deal. I just opened it up and vacuumed it clean and began to wonder what belongs in the corner. An additional bell or what exactly? A picture would speak volumes to me at this point if you can help. Then I can begin my search for the parts. It looks like a Blk-Wht wire to nowhere.

I know I have my work cut out for me, neither the Red or Blue Advance Coil comes on so the Advance relay is stays on, as does the 10 Point Relay and the 10 Point Score Reel.

20210319_134507 (resized).jpg20210319_134507 (resized).jpgproblem (resized).jpgproblem (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

It looks like the knocker is missing.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks, I would say your right. Now to get this wiring problem addressed.

#4 3 years ago

The wiring issue noted above wound up being a open Jones plug connection in the cabinet.

I think I have a missing relay (maybe the Reset Relay) and possibly more? Would anyone be able to share photos to help identify the relay, number and type of contacts including wire color. I am assuming some of them go to the wire strip shown in my picture below.

Also is there should be, I'm assuming, a wire with a plug for the 25c Adjustment? Could you help identify it where it originates from and should be?

1 missing relays (resized).jpg1 missing relays (resized).jpg25c adjust (resized).jpg25c adjust (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

The schematic shows the adjustment pin wire is a solid brown color and comes from the 25cent relay normally open switch.
The terminal strips shown are for optional relays that could have been added when the vendor ordered the machine.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

The schematic shows the adjustment pin wire is a solid brown color and comes from the 25cent relay normally open switch.
The terminal strips shown are for optional relays that could have been added when the vendor ordered the machine.

Thanks for that information. I have fixed four other problems preventing the game from operating. I hope I'm down to only one or two more.

As ball 5 drains the Game Over Relay latches (Relay Bank) on and that leaves the Score Motor running. I'm uncertain of the end game sequence of operation. I would guess the Relay Bank reset would come on next or shortly there after. If I actuate it by hand the Score Motor stops running and the Ball Release coil turns on. The Ball Release is for a new game to begin. That's not correct either. I'm missing something in the sequence of operation to end the game or something needs to be adjusted. Any ideas?
5th ball through switch (resized).jpg5th ball through switch (resized).jpgrelay bank reset (resized).jpgrelay bank reset (resized).jpgscore motor (resized).jpgscore motor (resized).jpg

Coin relay (resized).jpgCoin relay (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Check the tilt relay switches for a switch that’s closed when it should be open.

#9 3 years ago

The part of the tag I can read says relay. What does the rest say?

image-relay (resized).jpgimage-relay (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

My Williams River Boat, which is the same year as Soccer, has the same setup. Your missing relay is just the 25 cent relay. As someone else mentioned, this would have been optional when the game was ordered.

IMG_6266 (resized).JPGIMG_6266 (resized).JPGIMG_6267 (resized).JPGIMG_6267 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPG
#11 3 years ago

Thanks a bunch, that was a huge help!

Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Check the tilt relay switches for a switch that’s closed when it should be open.

It ended up being the Tilt Coil, it was burned open and I tried to patch it but found only .03 ohms across it. Its a bit unusual, X-27-500.

X-27-500 (resized).jpgX-27-500 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago

Still waiting on the coil delivery from The Pinball Resource but the paint job on this game is not original but cool looking I thought. Sorry its four deep in the repair shop. Its being crowded out by a 1954 AMI F-120 Jukebox.

20210328_162112 (resized).jpg20210328_162112 (resized).jpg
#13 3 years ago

Speaking of wrong colors, I always thought it was strange that both teams are wearing white jerseys. I don’t think that would ever happen. Maybe the artist was not a sports person?

Correct stencils though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 8.95
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-soccer-something-missing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.