Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 4Max
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Greetings from the UK! I bought my first pinball just before xmas 2016 and its in generally working condition, I have replaced the odd coil and bulbs etc. The problem I have is with the score reels, the hundred score reel will always score correctly when playing but at the end of the game if the reel is on 1,2,3 or 8 it will not reset-any other number and it resets ok. I'm not sure if it's related but the thousand reel will not always advance while playing, this is intermittent but the reel always resets!
The ten reel and unit reel have no issues at all, I am pretty handy and I have stripped both reels down and cleaned them with alcohol put back together and it has made no difference whatsoever..........could it be an adjustment that is needed? I don't want to start messing about with it and make it worse. When you manually pump the score reel they are very easy and there isn't any drag or sluggishness. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Richard

#2 6 years ago

There might be an issue with the switch adjustments on the score reel. Each score reels has a set of switches that open and close when the score reel is on a certain number. There should be three positions for the switches - zero position, 1-8 position and 9th position. Manually operate the score reel and see how the switches open and close. You can also look at one of the other score reel to see how the switches operate. Also, the switch contacts need to be clean...

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip above, in my opinion the reels seem to operate correctly although my eye isn't particularly trained on the finer internal workings of pinball machines! I have cleaned the contacts- which were filthy, but it has made no difference whatsoever....... so any other pointers would be greatly received. It's so frustrating and spoiling my enjoyment of a great machine- cheers Rich

#4 6 years ago

Hi Rich, from a fellow Brit (but living in the US).

When it is on 1,2,3,8 can you remove the reel so you can look at close up, get a friend to press the credit button and see if the solenoid is trying to pull in? A couple of times I've had them where the solenoid is permanently stuck in. Things like a wire fallen off the switch that opens when the solenoid pulls in (mind you that would not explain only 1,2,3,8)

Anyway, looking while it tries to reset my help.

If it was switch related, then I think it would not always be 1,2,3 or 8. That sounds like a mechanical issue, and maybe one that needs a another inspection. I have checked score reels loads thinking they were fine, only to find on the 10th check that something was not installed just right, or worn. Maybe check how that plastic spinning ratchet & cam moves, if any (4?) of the teeth are worn and how the arm (drive pawl) attached to the solenoid interacts with the ratchet thing.

I bet a couple of quid you fix it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-soccer-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.