Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

#1 3 years ago

Hey gang, I have a Williams Soccer that if you get a goal for the blue team, it will keep scoring for blue until another target is hit.
Any thoughts on what I should be checking?

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Any thoughts on what I should be checking?

Are these top rollovers working?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 3 years ago

It may be the Selection relay, or the sw. on the Game relay if not.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you! I will check those and report back tomorrow.

#5 3 years ago

I got to look at it today, after poking around at it for an hour, I found and fixed three stuck switches, which SEEMS to have fixed the repeat scoring, but showed a different issue. The selection relay you mentioned is not firing to switch the teams. I couldn't find the cause, so tomorrow I am going to bring it into my shop and do some more digging. Both of the roll over switches register, but they are not firing off the selection relay. The blue one will turn on the blue team light on the BG and start scoring for it, but then it will never switch back to red. And the red one, if you hit it first, will light the red light and start scoring for it. But as soon as you hit the blue lane, it switches to blue and never changes again.

Thank you,
Randy

#6 3 years ago

I'm not sure I totally understand the ruleset, but first ball selects the team. Do you have a full explanation of the game?

#7 3 years ago

Hmmmm.... I am only going by what the owner says it should do. But looking at that.... He may be wrong.

#8 3 years ago

Ok, so I just loaded it up on my digital pinball cab and confirmed that is indeed how it is supposed to work. Thank you very much, I would have been digging through that for days before I figured that out!

#9 3 years ago

Some days I HATE EMs. So now, none of the ejects are happening. Left and right saucer or the goal eject. I figured I knocked a fuse loose when I was digging around with his non issue. Turns out, not so much.

#10 3 years ago

Looks like it's this switch leading into the Eject relay. They're calling the goal eject the Shooter.

Have you looked at this schematic? It's pretty funky; the score motor switches aren't filled in and the wire colors up at the top are weird. I think it was unfinished, and I checked in with PBR about what they have and it is the same.

#11 3 years ago

I have been trying to make heads or tails of it. I have no idea where that switch could be. I’ve tested the coils, they do work, the relays all seem to fire off as they should, just the eject coils never get their power signal to fire.

#12 3 years ago

All three of the switches that should kick off the ejects, all work. None are stuck or dirty. They all kick off the relays as they should.

This table is so confusing, to be so simple.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I have no idea where that switch could be.

Did you look around under the PF? Or, and this is always great fun, try tracing it from the score motor sw.?

#14 3 years ago

Found it! Bad connection at the Jones plug.

Now I’m running away while it still works.

Thank you very much!!

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

Found it! Bad connection at the Jones plug.

Yay!! But you still need to find that switch ...

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Yay!! But you still need to find that switch ...

I believe the switch they are referring to, is the three switches that trigger a goal. One for the goal cup and one for each saucer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 3.00
Cabinet - Other
Custom 3D Printing Pre-order!
Twisted Tokens
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-soccer-blue-keeps-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.