Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dearliza98
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0855 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hey all. I am working on a 1991 Williams Slugfest project. I've figured out a lot of the issues but I wanted to get some opinions before I bought too many replacement parts in case this is an easy fix.

When I hit the "bat" button, the coil fires as it should but it does not want to return to it's original position. I have a feeling the original spring is weak as it's probably 25yrs old b/c if I create tension on the spring, the bat will return to its original position. Of course, the spring is like $1.50 on Marco so I'm hoping that will resolve my problem but wanted to check here before I placed the order.

Also, if anyone would be willing to post a photograph of the sound/display board pin/connectors, I would greatly appreciate it. When I received the game, all of the connectors had been disconnected so I'm playing a fun game of pin the connector. I think I have everything but a bit concerned about the display board b/c the DMD is not coming on.

I figure if I have the right connections and still no display, I'm probably dealing with a high-voltage issue coming from the power supply.

Thank you!

#2 1 year ago

Check the stripes on your ribbon cable. Also, check your display voltages, and make sure they're correct. Don't have a sound board in mine at the moment, but I'll post display in a minute.

#3 1 year ago

Here we are.

IMG_0855 (resized).JPG

#4 1 year ago

cadillacmusic awesome. Thank you for doing that! I’ll check voltages. I’m wondering if my bat spring is fine and I may need a new coil and/or sleeve.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 399.95
$ 28.00
1,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside