(Topic ID: 39710)

Williams Slugfest help...is this the same cap? Getting close!

By Pinballer22

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SDC10433.JPG
SDC10432.JPG
SDC10430.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Working on a Slugfest for a friend that was dead on arrival and some part missing and taken apart. No manual and cant find a free electronic version so thought I would see if any owners could assist.

1. The board that runs the two motors is missing....anyone know what board it is and where to find one?
2. The board on the inside left of the cabinet that the coin door hooks into has a connector on the bottom set of pins but no wires connected and I can not find any random wires...is it suppose to be like this?

I am sure I will have more issues I get to overcome when I drill the locks to the boards tomorrow morning!!

#2 11 years ago

morning bump

#3 11 years ago

I have been told it might be A-14381 motor regulator however no sure yet....bad sign is I cant find this part anywhere by searching! Anyone know where I could get it???

On to the next issue....When the bottom speaker is plug in there is a crazy loud noise when powered on. If unhook no noise and no sound out of back box speakers....any ideas what is going on? Would the cap on the speaker possibly cause this? Thanks

#4 11 years ago

Thanks to fellow pinsider bballfan he found a pic of it in an old ebay auction....it is the bottom board in the picture. Hope I can find one!!!

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS PINBALL SET OF 3 PCBS FROM SLUGFEST WORKS G25B

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Thanks to fellow pinsider bballfan he found a pic of it in an old ebay auction....it is the bottom board in the picture. Hope I can find one!!!
Ebay link

While there really is nothing to that board it might be as much as $100 if you find someone willing to sell theirs (stuff always cost more when you need it). I had a similar situation on a HS2 recently and I ended up just buying the parts from the Hack Shack and building it myself.

SDC10430.JPGSDC10430.JPG

Quoted from Pinballer22:

The board on the inside left of the cabinet that the coin door hooks into has a connector on the bottom set of pins but no wires connected and I can not find any random wires...is it suppose to be like this?

If we are talking about the coin door interface board I don't think most games use that plug.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

On to the next issue....When the bottom speaker is plug in there is a crazy loud noise when powered on. If unhook no noise and no sound out of back box speakers....any ideas what is going on? Would the cap on the speaker possibly cause this? Thanks

The cap on the speaker is just a crossover basically so I doubt it is the issue. All the speakers in the cabinet are run in series, that is why you loose the backbox speakers when you unplug the cabinet speaker.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks Marc....tomorrow I am going to dig into the sound issue more and hope to figure it out.

Do you think I could make the board I need?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Do you think I could make the board I need?

I'm sure it can be done, it will be a pain but it only looks like 5 resistors, 2 inductors, a cap and a few header pins.

#9 11 years ago

Sounds hard, hope I can find one but might get to the point of trying to build one.

Anyone have any ideas where to start on the sound?

#10 11 years ago

Here are the schematics and parts list for that board. You can download them from Pinside if you need to blow them up.

SDC10432.JPGSDC10432.JPG SDC10433.JPGSDC10433.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Thanks, looks like a lot of work but might give it a try....why can't these be available!

#12 11 years ago

Ah...because it is Slugfest???

Or more because there is nothing complicated to fix on it, a few dollars worth of parts and it is rebuilt to good as new. That is unless you don't have it at all

#13 11 years ago

I know, I will look for awhile and then give it a try building it.

#14 11 years ago

Looks like I found the sound issue....couple burnt up traces and c28 is fried. No major damage and a new c28 and a couple jumpers can't fix! Anyone with a manual....can you tell me what C28 is to help my search? Has the following on it +9119 +35v +100k +avx

Thanks in advance, gotta get a manul for this thing but its not mine....fixing for a friend.

#15 11 years ago

Good luck man. I have a slugfest and my card chute still doesn't "see" the cards. I rebuilt the little controller board, replaced the optos, and still no luck. I had to buy a manual since there isn't one online. I highly recommend buying one.

My problem in finishing my problem (other than time) is that the backbox wiring in my cabinet does not match the manual at all! Makes me think there was a revision somewhere along the line.

#16 11 years ago

The owner ended up finding a board so that is great news and the only major thing is the sound issue. Can anyone help that orders a lot of small electronic parts tell me if this is the same?

C28 on sound board
Has the following wrote on it +35v, +9119, +avx, +100k
Manual list it as part 5041-09031-00 capacitor 1ufd, TANT

Only place I found with that is Marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C1M50VA

Seems weird that it has 35v on the cap from the board and this lists as 50v. Thanks for all the help

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

The owner ended up finding a board so that is great news and the only major thing is the sound issue. Can anyone help that orders a lot of small electronic parts tell me if this is the same?
C28 on sound board
Has the following wrote on it +35v, +9119, +avx, +100k
Manual list it as part 5041-09031-00 capacitor 1ufd, TANT
Only place I found with that is Marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C1M50VA
Seems weird that it has 35v on the cap from the board and this lists as 50v. Thanks for all the help

You can probably buy that part at Radio Shack. With capacitors, you can nearly always go over voltage, but you shouldn't ever go under. Any 1ufd tantalum capacitor over 35V should replace what's there now. Great Plains Electronics is the go to place for pinball related electronic components.

#18 11 years ago

Yeah, I usually have ordered from great plains and have an order with them right now but will probably hit up RadioShack today to get this board done. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wantagh, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-slugfest-helpany-owners-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.