You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Capture1 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

Me again. Sorry to bother you folks again but I've been in the middle of trying to solve my last problem with this machine when another issue keeps coming and going. I will play a perfectly normal game with this machine then turn it off. When I turn it back on and hit the button in the front which normally starts it up nothing happens. I will then press the left flipper button and the game comes on with everything lit but the TILT is lit up and nothing else happens. Makes no sense. In the past I have opened up the machine and re seated some connector plugs near the front then it seemed to work but I'm not sure this is the culprit as I just did it a bunch of times and nothing is happening. Any help would sure be appreciated. None of the TILT switches have issues by the way.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from StotzBotz:

Sorry to bother you folks again

That's why this forum is here! Well, this is utterly weird: no Tilt relay? Any rate, check the sw. D on the Lock relay and that Game Over sw. on the schematic.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG

#3 5 years ago

The tilt light is tied to the position of the BALL COUNT UNIT according to the schematic. No tilt relay--pretty interesting!

#4 5 years ago

I manually clicked the ball count unit to the position it would be in when your game is over as the TILT light went off and the GAME OVER is lit up. I turn the machine off then turn the power switch back on again. I hit the button in the front and still nothing happens. I press the left flipper button the the machine lights up says GAME OVER still but it won't do anything else. I'm so confused. Anyone have any suggestions?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from StotzBotz:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you read post 2?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from StotzBotz:

but it won't do anything else

If the Credit Button switch on the front doesn't activate the Coin relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-when-turned-on-says-tilt-after-previously-playing-fine?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.