(Topic ID: 240910)

Williams Skylab stuck in TILT mode. Please help.

By StotzBotz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

I would greatly appreciate some help here. I recently sold my Williams Skylab to a friend locally and an old problem has risen again that went away temporarily. I thought it had something to do with a grounding wire that I found had come loose which remedied another major problem I had. The guy has had the game for 2 weeks and hadn't had any issues until now. It used to do this to me sometimes. You would turn the machine on underneath, hit the button in the front to start it up and nothing would happen. You would then hit the left flipper button and the machine will light up but nothing else would happen other than the TILT sign would be lit up. So confusing. Anyone who knows what might be happening if you could please share your knowledge that would be most appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Did you check the switches on the tilt relay? Is the relay tripped? Have you checked the switches that would trip the relay? I'm not familiar with your machine, but the Willams OXO that I have been working on has four different switches that will trip the tilt relay. Do you have the schematic?

#3 5 years ago

This machine, oddly, does not have a Tilt relay, but check this circuit. And the manual and schematic are available on IPDB: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2202

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 5 years ago

What happens if you hand trip the coin relay

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from frb:

What happens if you hand trip the coin relay

You get a response to your credit reel.

#6 5 years ago

#7 5 years ago

#8 5 years ago

I thought maybe it was another shill account of yours.

#9 5 years ago

Your Mom?

#10 5 years ago

I’ve had two pinsiders happy with their purchase. I’m sorry you are so judgmental without knowing the facts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-stuck-in-tilt-mode-please-help?hl=johnboy1313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.