Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150215_193610.jpg
20150215_193557.jpg
20150215_193549.jpg
image.jpg
20150205_121834.jpg
20150205_121719.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the4horse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone know if all four of the single switches on the score reels are supposed to be set the same way?
They're the 3inch reels and the two higher value are 'no' and the two smaller value are 'nc'...is this right?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Sold my Skylab almost 30 years ago, if you don't have a schematic this might be of help

Thank you. I'm not great at reading schematics, can you translate for me

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Can you post a picture of what you are looking at. I have a Skylab and I can't seem to find what you are seeing.

Sure, here's two pictures of the single switch I was talking about. Sorry about the blurry pics The first is the 10's reel that shows the switch normally closed. The longest switch is closer to the coil and is pushed away from the other switch when activated.

20150205_121834.jpg20150205_121834.jpg

This one is of the 1000's reel with the switch normally open. The longer switch is closer to the reel and is pushed against the other switch. I bought it not working and this is how it was set up. I thought they all should be normally closed??
20150205_121719.jpg20150205_121719.jpg

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from the4horse:

here's two pictures of the single switch I was talking about

This picture is it at 0
When the real is on 0 the white arm pushes up, so switches are opened. From 1-8 #'s the white arm is in mid position the top 2 contacts are closed, and the bottom is opened. On # 9 the white arm pushes down so the switches are all closed. This is all happening on the tens score real. All the score real seemed to work the same way, as far as I can tell. They are still in the game, so I didn't remove them, so very hard to see them all.

Thanks, but as I mentioned, the question is about the single switch in the score reel unit. I'm fine with the other switches but I appreciate you posting.

#10 9 years ago

Ok, just checked mine. The 0,00,000 are all closed, but the 0000 is opened just as in your last picture, for that single switch. So when the coil pulls in it should be closed, then it will releases the coil, so at rest it is opened.

Thanks heaps for clearing that up! I really appreciate you taking the time to look at the reels for me.

#12 9 years ago

Good luck with yours, please post some picture when it's done.

Thanks, I will. I actually played a few games tonight after switching the switches on my score reel and it played really well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the4horse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-score-reels?tu=the4horse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.