• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-545.jpg
image.jpg

#1 9 years ago

So I bought my first EM... a Williams SKYLAB. I've been trying to find a list of rubber sizes for it. I've found plenty of ring kits for sale, but I can never bring myself to by those. I'd measure them, but I am pretty sure many of them have stretched from their original size.
I have plenty of white rubbers in my toolbox, but there are a few that seem really large to me.

If anyone has a list of their sizes, I'd be grateful!

#2 9 years ago

Here is what I got from Marco image-545.jpgimage-545.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Awesome! If I could give you 10 thumbs up, I would.

Very much appreciated.

#4 9 years ago

Happy to help out.

#5 9 years ago

A 5"er will work if you don't have a 6.

#6 9 years ago

How does the yellow rubber look on the flippers. Mine had red on it and that's what I replaced it with, but I'm not real happy with how it looks.

#7 9 years ago

The kit came with red flipper rubbers, so that is what I put on. My game also had red flipper bats, so I think they look ok. The yellow was for the 2 big bumper post.

#8 9 years ago

Ah yes - I should have looked closer at the list

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dhutton:

How does the yellow rubber look on the flippers. Mine had red on it and that's what I replaced it with, but I'm not real happy with how it looks.

Mine has the black rubber on the red flippers...I think the combination looks really good.

#10 9 years ago

I picked up all the rubbers, except for the two yellow ones on the outer sided of the captured balls.
I did wind up having to use a 5" ring, because there was no 6" ones at Starburst in Toronto.

Funnily enough, I found a picture of my machine uploaded to IPDB a few years before I bought it:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2202&picno=51160

Those are the same flippers that were on the game when I bought it. They look to be of the Gottlieb variety. (on PBresource: http://bit.ly/1tKWVWz) Seeing as they were cracked, I've temporarily put Sys11 era bats on it until I can source myself some originals. (heck, I might even buy another set of the Gottlieb ones. They looked pretty good on there.

2 weeks later
#11 9 years ago

Does anyone know if those posts with the yellow rubber are still available? One of mine is broken

#12 9 years ago

It looks like Marco may have them. Can't find them now.

#13 9 years ago

I put white rubber on the red flippers...i like how it looks. Just another free suggestion!
Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 2.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-rubber-sizes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.