You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
score relays.jpg
skylab relays.jpg
skylab relays_sm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the4horse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I'm having the same trouble as you but with the letter 'A' of Skylab. I can adjust the switches to get it working, but then when all letters score, the bonus unit just keeps on awarding bonuses! I'll watch your topic with interest as all those bonus unit switches have been cleaned and look to be adjusted properly and I'm not sure where to look next.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from tim_sanderson:

There are schematics only, no manual. (there is a parts manual, though, but it seems to be just that... a parts list)

I have the manual, but it's not all that helpful in this instance.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Williams manuals are usually very complete. They usually give every relay, the normal state of every switch on each relay, and what each switch does. I've never found them not to be helpful.

I really didn't word that very well...I really like the manual. It's way more detailed and comprehensive than a Gottlieb manual of the same era; but it's not helpful in this instance for my particular issue. Yes, it's great for relays and switch settings and adjustments on the mechanism panel and what rubbers are needed, but I wish it had more about the score motor & score reels and their settings and the startup sequence. But I know you can find this info out elsewhere.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The schematic has the settings for every single score motor switch. You'll have to look closely but it shows whether the switch is NO or NC, or even MB.

It's a little hard to make out whether they're open or closed on the schematic. I'm looking at the copy from the IPDB.

#17 9 years ago

Can someone with a Skylab take a pic of the cabinet relays as mine have lost a lot of their name tags.
Thanks in advance!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Get a magnifying glass and it's very easy to see them.

Much better than reading glasses... watcha got, a big 'ol Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass or one of them light up jobbies?

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I use a jeweler's loup with an LED light attached to it.

I have one with interchangeable lenses. They are fixed at a certain distance, but they magnify everything really well. Really good for adjusting contacts and seeing stuff that you might miss otherwise.

I need something like that...I'm using my little solder 'third hand' with the magnifying glass attached with all the alligator clips. Great for soldering, not so good for reading!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the4horse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-relays?tu=the4horse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.