Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adj plug (resized).png
0Skylab-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg
outhole relay (resized).png
schematic showing short location (resized).jpg
Schematic showing switch (resized).jpg
Skylab Cam Switch 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lechuck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from valveamp:

I've attached a marked up schematic section showing where I'm seeing a short. The question is, where or how are these to points getting shorted? Any thoughts?[quoted image]

If the short is really between those two points even with the rectifier completely out of the circuit, then it seems like more than just a component failure (since presumably nothing else in the schematics besides the rectifier connects them). Sounds like you have a short somewhere in the actual game wiring. It seems like you've been pretty systematic about isolating the failure down .. I don't have much advice except to keep going with that approach and you'll find it. Either isolate sections of the wiring, or you might get lucky just visually tracing that part of the wiring (the negative side of the DC doesn't really connect to that many places).

#23 4 years ago

I love it when a plan comes together! It sounded like you were on the right track, and it was just a matter of time. For sure isolating it to the relatively small DC circuit was a huge clue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lechuck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-skylab-blowing-fuses?tu=lechuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.