You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5536 (resized).JPG
DSCN5535 (resized).JPG
DSCN5534 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

It's interesting that people are bagging on 70's williams games and finding love for the 60's designs. The 1960's were Gottleib's salad days and while no pinhead would deny that, there are some great tables from Williams and Bally from that time. I love them all. Especially if they have game in them.

EM Williams pins that I like (some are in my collection)
1963 Beat the Clock. Williams' first multiball game that has an interactive BG animation that lights features on the PF table. Absolutely incredible!
1964 Heat Wave.
1965 Luck Strike. If you look at the lower PF it is nearly identical to Space Mission/Odyssey. Not as random with points either. The BG animation is perfect for the theme.
1966 Hot Line. Brutal. Just brutal. It is also the first pinball game with a DMD on it (spell H-O-T L-I-N-E) in the middle of the PF. For real.
1967 Blast off/Apollo. I may not be a big fan of the Bagatelle, but this layout is an absolute winner. The art pax is hot and the space race is ON!
1971 Klondike/Yukon. Random with the center PF reels, but SO MUCH FUN!
1971 Doodlebug/Dipsy-Doodle/LoveBug. An incredible design that will make you consider every shot you are able to get VERY carefully.
1972 Spanish Eyes. Love it or hate it, this game looks and plays like no other. When properly maintained with fresh rubbers, it's amazing!
1973 Oxo. Another sparse looking game that will make you look silly if you take it for granted. DC POPS! A real shooter for sure.
1973 Fun-Fest. Yes I said it. Do not be deceived. This game is all about making the most of the few chances you are given. When you make the most of them, there is almost no way to lose the ball from the PF. Better than most will give it credit for.
1974 Super/Strato Flite. The fastest EM pinball I have ever played. Can be a bit of a luck fest, but if you get to know the game and it's geometry, it sings!
1976 Aztec. A solid game. Good skills and a bonus ladder worth chasing.
1976 Space Mission/Odyssey. Williams' best EM seller ever. I am not a fan of the semi-rendom spinner being lit, but look at the pf of that 1965 Lucky Strike. Centurion K's bag o' tricks runs DEEP!
1976 Grand Prix. The best EM game Williams ever made.
1977 Liberty Bell. Williams tried to cash in on the bi-centennial. A year too late. Decent game though. Rip the spinners and Enjoy!
Special mention must go out to Pat Hand/Satin Doll, Little Chief and games that play really well when they are PROPERLY SET UP AND MAINTAINED.
1977 Wild Card. A single player with great shots and rules. Find one and play it if you can.

Are there games that Williams made in the 70's that were duds. Yes, just like everyone else made. I find it fascinating that these "faster" games are what made Williams lead the pack after SS tech became the norm. Gottlieb games after the SS Era with few exceptions feel slow and floaty. Bally games were somewhere in between, but that company handled the EM-SS transition better than just about anyone else until the speed of Williams designs were just too overpowering to compete with.

Of other interest... 1977 Segasa Monaco. Not Williams, but built with Williams parts and it definitely "feels" like a Williams Deck. Faces and Prospector are great decks and if ANYONE has a line on a Birdman, PM me. Now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-signature-or-defining-em?tu=Caucasian2Step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.