0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-08b.jpg
0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-03b.JPG
0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Star-Target (resized).JPG
0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Scan-01-as-JPG.jpg
0Shangri La-my-Extraball-Relay (resized).jpg
IMG_6483 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

hi
i just bought a shangri-la with lot of work.
could someone send me a scan of central plastic?
thank a lot
gilles

IMG_6483 (resized).JPGIMG_6483 (resized).JPG
#3 5 years ago

hi
yes i saw it.
in fact i have central plastic and three " bullseyes " to repair, and a scan should be very usefull to do that
gilles

#4 5 years ago

Hi gilles
see the JPG - the little red box is my Extraball-Relay - I can scan the plate/cover (You have it in plain red) of the Central Target by tomorrow (I want daylight to work on my pin). The four targets I can make an picture - I will not take apart the unit for to scan these four targets. Write if You want me to do what I have offered. Greetings Rolf

0Shangri La-my-Extraball-Relay (resized).jpg0Shangri La-my-Extraball-Relay (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

hi rolf
thank a lot for answer
it will be fine if you could do some picture/scan for me so i could create a new part with lexan.
for the targets, i will do new circles labels with photosop.
i found new targets by bestofpinball, in germany.
(steve young won't no more selling item to me with mail invoice from france, you need to call in english, difficult for me...)
very happy to have found a shangri-la,very very beautiful game.
thank
gilles

#6 5 years ago

Hi gilles
is this of help ?
I do not know much about scanning and working with tools in the pictures - I have a CanoScan LiDE 60 Scanner for A4-format, scanned in "Color, 1200dpi". Greetings Rolf

0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Scan-01-as-JPG.jpg0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Scan-01-as-JPG.jpg
#7 5 years ago

hi rolf
marvellous !
exactly that i needed .

gilles

#8 5 years ago

Hi gilles
see the picture of the Center-Target-Star-Target - my camera is just no good.
In the picture in post-6, bottom holes: These holes are made so we can do an adjustment "conservative means good for the operator" or "liberal means good for the player" by unscrewing the screws and move the post from one predrilled hole in the wood to another predrilled hole in the wood - making it harder (conservative) for the player to hit the Center Target --- or making it easyer for the player to hit the Center Target (liberal). See on Space Mission here https://www.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Jan_1976_no_schematics.pdf on page-14 (ori-12) - "Lib" and "Cons". Greetings Rolf

0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Star-Target (resized).JPG0Shangri-La-Center-Target-Star-Target (resized).JPG
#9 5 years ago

thank rolf
i should see that later cause in saw today i've more work on playfield i thaught...
gilles

#10 5 years ago

sorry " i saw today"

2 months later
#11 5 years ago

Hi
I've been asked to show more scans. I did struggle with my scanner - see the results. I could (try to) adjust in paintnet "Contrast" and "Brightness" --- but maybe You are skilled working with Photoshop (?). Write if the quality is good enough for You or if I have to scan again - trying to get rid of the dark background. Greetings Rolf

0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-03b.JPG0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-03b.JPG0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-08b.jpg0Shangri-La-Scan2-color-600dpi-08b.jpg
#12 5 years ago

Here are the remaining plastics. I wanted to do a higher resolution scan but I think we are limited at 1200 dpi. Anything higher makes the file over 10MB and is too large to post on Pinside.
Shangri-La Right Arch Scan (resized).jpegShangri-La Right Arch Scan (resized).jpeg

#13 5 years ago
Shangri-La Plastics Scan (resized).jpegShangri-La Plastics Scan (resized).jpeg
#14 4 years ago

hi
thank a lot for scans
it will be very usefull for those who have a shangri-la
mine is ended and work fine, i play it very ofen
gilles

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-shangri-la?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.