(Topic ID: 219699)

Williams Seven up 100 pt roll over switch issue.

By Schamattack

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams issue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schamattack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello gents.

I have gotten this thing down to one issue and now I am stumped. When a ball rolls over the right 100 point switch it causes the bell to activate but the bell coil stays on and starts humming super loud. Also the switches no longer allow 100 points to add up until either the ball drops out or I restart the power. The weirdest part is the issue switches between the 2 100 point depress switches on both sides. One day the left one will do it and one day the right one will do it.
All the other 100 point activators have no issues adding up 100 at a time.

Williams issue (resized).jpgWilliams issue (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

So, it seems like the A and E rollovers are the only targets causing the 100-pt relay to lock on (stay energized), while the 300-pt and 500-pt targets do not? Is that correct? Be careful not to leave it locked on too long or it can burn up the bell coil or the drum unit (score reel) advance coil itself.
Probably not the issue, but it wouldn't hurt to clean and adjust the End-of-Stroke (EOS) switch on the 100-pt drum unit. Make sure it is opening perceptibly at EOS when the advance coil fires to move the score reel to the next number.
The online schematic shows that the A and E rollovers (which connect to the 100-pt relay) are controlled through the man advance unit stepper, while the 300-pt and 500-pt relays are controlled through motor cam switches.
Might be time to inspect the man advance unit stepper and make sure the wipers are aligned to the rivets and nothing looks broken or out of order.

That is correct, the 300-500pt targets do not. You may have given me a big clue, I never thought to look at the advance stepper unit. I have been to focused on the switches/relays themselves. I am going to give it a good cleaning when I get home and watch it through each rotation. Ill post results after I finish. thanks!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The bell solenoid is activated by the 100 point relay, so presumably the 100 point relay and 100 point score reel solenoid are stuck on too, right? I agree with runbikeskilee that the Man Advance Unit is likely involved although I can't resolve why draining the ball makes things release.
Does the Man Advance Unit advance as you play the game or is it always in one position? And when the the bell locks on, is the Man Advance relay also stuck on? That would keep the 100 point relay on. If the Man Advance relay is stuck on it's probably because the Man Advance Unit end of stroke switch isn't opening.
/Mark

Just got home and gave it a good looking. the coil is firing but the armature to move the gear is froze and not making contact, so no rotation of the stepper. This is most likely my issue from the looks of it. Going to take apart tonight and give it a good cleaning! Thanks for the advice guys.

#7 5 years ago

Finally got a chance to check it out. The advance coil is in fact not firing I was looking at the call count stepper (all the id tags are missing from the back). Not even a hickup when I hit the 100 point switches. Gonna look more at the schematic a bit and see where the power is suppose to come from.

#8 5 years ago

Ok I was wrong, Apparently I cant read a schematic. The 1 point relay activated the advance coil, not the 100. The advance coil seems to move fine and rotate ok. The problem still exist.

#10 5 years ago

I am not sure what I did but now the problem is gone :/ yay I guess but I seriously just went to check again and its fine now. hasnt worked up until this point and now i checked in about 100 times and it works fine :/ maby just needed to be used a few times?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schamattack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-seven-up-100-pt-roll-over-switch-issue?tu=Schamattack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.