(Topic ID: 4169)

Williams Rollergames - two balls come out after 1 is locked

By opto_isolator

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I restored this machine a while back. At the time everything seemed to work great. Than for some reason all of a sudden, whenever 1 of the balls locks, the kicker kicks out the two remaining balls into into the shooting ramp. I tested all of the switches (switch test mode), and they all seem to work fine. I'm really stumped as to why its doing this. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try???

#2 12 years ago

How many balls are there supposed to be in the machine?

#3 12 years ago

There are supposed to be 3 or 4. I run 3.

#4 12 years ago

You tested the ball through and the shooter lane switch with a ball?

#5 12 years ago

Well, let's look at your question... "why?"
Mike has the "what" so why would the game kick out two balls instead of one after locking one in play?

Usually it's because the game is not seeing the ball in the shooter lane groove. It will keep kicking out balls until that damned shooter lane switch tells it "Ok a ball is here, thanks, ready to shoot!"

So that's the first thing I would check and like Mike says check it in test mode with a BALL... not your finger, please

Next it *could* be a trough switch that's stuck on so the game thinks it still has two balls in the trough and will keep kicking trying to get them out and into the shooter lane. This doesn't sound quite like your problem though or you would have told us that the kicker keeps kicking even though two balls are out. If a switch in the trough weren't registering the game just wouldn't even start so much less likely that's a problem either.

So we're back at the shooter lane switch. Check with ball, report back.

#6 12 years ago

OK - I'll check that out, and report back! Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-rollergames-two-balls-come-out-after-1-is-locked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.