011.JPG
014.JPG
rg.JPG
Rollergames_Photo.jpg
Rollergames-Timeline-Arcade.jpg
213421_Rollergames_00.jpg
RGMagazine.jpg
RGSoundtrack.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

What I am about to share will be a "duh" post for many of you. For many other, it will be a hilarious, shocking, and mind opening experience.

Rollergames (1990 Williams) was not an original theme.

"RollerGames was a U.S. television series that presented a theatrical version of the sport of roller derby for a national audience, and featured a number of skaters who had been in the Roller Games league (1961–1975), as well as younger participants. It was broadcast for one season (1989–1990)."

RollerGames was real. It was an actual TV show in 1989. It was shown for a single season, and then pretty much never spoken of ever again. By the time the pinball game came out, the TV show was already off the air!

There is an official soundtrack.

RGSoundtrack.jpgRGSoundtrack.jpg

There was an official magazine. They only made one issue.

RGMagazine.jpgRGMagazine.jpg

It was a NES game.

213421_Rollergames_00.jpg213421_Rollergames_00.jpg

It was a Konami Arcade Game.

Rollergames-Timeline-Arcade.jpgRollergames-Timeline-Arcade.jpg

And finally it was the Steve Ritchie Pinball Game we know and love today. The pinball game is likely the only reason anyone would ever remember ROLLERGAMES today.

Rollergames_Photo.jpgRollergames_Photo.jpg

Oh, and that "song" everyone either loves or hates? It was the real theme song from the TV show.

Rollergames is long dead and gone, but the time in which it was produced is carefully contained and available inside of any Rollergames Pinball Machine today.

And for those of you who really want to make your brain melt, here is an entire episode of the short lived show that spawned one of the best loved System 11 pins ever.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

I've been looking for that soundtrack for a while, it's pretty damn rare!

If you get one burn me a copy!!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I grew up watching the show... watched it every week, and then it went off the air and I wondered WHY...
Years later, my girlfriend (now wife) and I went on a date, played Rollergames at a pizza parlor, and that's what got me hooked on the game. Probably 100 pins later, it's still my favorite pinball.
Yes, I have the pin, the CD, the magazine, the NES game, a JAMMA board, NOS sideart, NOS CPU, used marquee (was only available as a kit, not a dedicated arcade game), as well as some other stuff that's not pictured here. I also have bootlegs of all the episodes, and an untorn ticket to attend one of the tapings of the show
American Gladiators was one of the themes that went up against Rollergames - The Getaway: HS II *also* was put up against it, along with Fish Police.
I'm pretty much the foremost expert on the topic in the world. Not sure that's something I want people to know...

Dude... what an epic post.

We have the foremost expert of ROLLERGAMES in the world right here among us!!! HA!!

Tell me then, what do you think of an Alligator themed topper for the game... maybe a giant alligator head with a rollerskate sticking out...

#18 10 years ago

Anyone who does not like music can go play... lol... something else.

I am going to play some rollergames and then play with my ninja turtles and drink a crystal pepsi.

#29 10 years ago

LOL!!!!

You don't know rollergames if you don't know about the alligators....

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Since it hasn't been posted here yet, the Classic Game Room review of Rollergames: » YouTube video

What a great video. LOL. I love it!!!

#39 10 years ago

So I am thinking about getting one of these... and a rollerskate... possibly a leg in it with a 80's style sock... LOL... make a topper out of it...

No-one will get it... LOL... but a few will... and for them I think it will make the game more special.

tumblr_m6jmuu2A1U1rnj75xo1_1280.jpgtumblr_m6jmuu2A1U1rnj75xo1_1280.jpg

#41 10 years ago

I bet no-one knew that Williams was doing advertising on national TV within the show before the pinball machine hit the local arcades... williams_rg-tiff.jpgwilliams_rg-tiff.jpg

#45 10 years ago

And now for some ROLLERBEEF.

We need to ban these slimy lizards from the game!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!

alllug-tiff.jpgalllug-tiff.jpg

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Rollergames gets played a lot At our house. I am a sucker for the 90's nostalgia. Plus first machine to have advertising on it.

And the last if I am not mistaken...

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Blackwater 100 had advertising before Rollergames.
Flipper Football has advertising decals for Big Bang Bar, Kingpin, Street Fighter and Star Gladiator. They're all Capcom owned games but still neat to have the different game advertisements.

Hardcore knowledge....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-rollergames-pinball-not-an-original-theme-more?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.