(Topic ID: 309508)

Williams Rancho reset issues

By RedNorland

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Rancho plays a complete game with no problems. When I start a new game the game jumps from one player to two players (it's a two player game), the score reels reset to zero, and then it just keeps running-here's what's happening at that time...
-coin relay pulses
-latch on the second coin relay pulses
-the solenoid that resets the drop target relay bank pulses
-score motor continues to run

If I cycle the main on off switch, this all continues, but if I turn the game off and walk away for even like 5 minutes, when I turn it back on, the score motor runs and the game is ready to play.
I have cleaned score reels and every relay and switch I can and this continues. This is a new problem as previously the game played fine. Any advice or ideas would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from RedNorland:

-coin relay pulses
-latch on the second coin relay pulses

Sounds like a coin switch is stuck closed. You'd probably get the same behavior if you kept dropping coins.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

I thought the same thing, amongst many others, but I disconnected the coin door and the problem still exists.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from RedNorland:

If I cycle the main on off switch, this all continues, but if I turn the game off and walk away for even like 5 minutes, when I turn it back on, the score motor runs and the game is ready to play.

That could be caused by a magnetized relay armature that keeps a relay from relaxing after power to it is cut. Try watching and listening after you shut off the game. A relay may relax some time after power is cut.

Failing that I'd start blocking switches that drive the Coin relay to see which path keeps reactivating it.

#5 2 years ago

The credit unit reset function may be sticking keeping the reset coil end of stroke switch closed and keeping the coin relay energized.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks to all for the advice. There is a switch on the top of the credit stepper that wasn't making contact-little cleaning, slight readjustment and good to go-special thanks to pinballdaveh for leading me in the right direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-rancho-reset-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.