• Latest reply 8 years ago by goldiewag
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150720_113952_310.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi, I just started trying to get my Robocop up and running. Running the solenoid test in the diagnostic menu, a lot of the solenoids aren't working- pop bumpers, slingshots, flippers and flashers.

I've tested fuses, random transistors, hear the click on the L/R relay when the Q29 transistor is grounded...

One of the things that caught my attention is that there is a Williams power supply board in the machine.

I think I read that these boards can be used in alphanumeric DE games, but I need some help identifying what version of the board it is and what the fuse values should be.

I didn't see a version number on the board just the number 5765-09466-01, so I was guessing it was just a WMS sys 11. But if anyone can confirm and let me know the fuse values (top two fuses, and bottom four) I would appreciate it. Thanks.

IMG_20150720_113952_310.jpgIMG_20150720_113952_310.jpg

#2 8 years ago

That's a first generation System 11A board from High Speed to Fire!. You can tell because it has the GI relay and connectors at the upper right. In the orientation you have it here are the fuse values:

-------------

F6 (7A SB)
F5 (7A SB)

F1 (0.25A SB) F3 (8A SB) F4 (4A SB) F2 (4A SB)

------------

The fuses are for the following circuits:

F1 displays
F2 solenoids
F3 lamps
F4 solenoids
F5 supply logic
F6 supply logic

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at some manuals on ipdb and thought it was either a sys 11 or 11a based on the board #.

The main difference I noticed between the two was using either a 2.5amp SB at f2/f4 or a 4amp SB like you pointed out.

The fuses in there now are all wrong, so for the purpose of using the board in a DE game should I go with the 4amp at both f2/f4?

Looking at what a DE board would have for fuses, looks like the difference is one of the solenoids is 4amp and one is 5amp vs the sys 11 using 4amp on both.

#4 8 years ago

Just to put some closure on this thread, using the fuse values schudel5 recommended in the sys 11 psb got everything working on my Robocop- minus some burnt out flashers. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-power-supply-in-data-east-robocop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.