(Topic ID: 204043)

Williams Power Issue... I am lost on this one... Should be simple...

By Azurden

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2017-12-01_105016 (resized).jpg
2017-12-01_105833 (resized).jpg
20171201_081551 (resized).jpg
20171201_062517 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

This is for a Hyperball... Been trouble shooting a issue where the cannon coil is blowing F2 4amp fuse... So in trying to troubleshoot that mess, I started to check the voltages on the power switching board. To cut to the chase... They do not seem to be right... The trans is a Williams 5610-09806-00 and the voltages i think I should be seeing are on the image below of the power switching board... Below that image I added the transformer and how the voltages look there. Input voltages are driven from the AC into the cab thru a filter but look good before hitting the transformer.

Also included the pictures where I moved the lines from terminal 3 to 2 and from 7 to 6 to up the voltage (did, but minimally)

Could assume it is the transformer (I did) and I had an extra that I wired in its place to get the same low voltages. I am lost here. Any help for suggestions at this point are welcome!

#2 1 year ago

20171201_062517 (resized).jpg

20171201_081551 (resized).jpg

2017-12-01_105833 (resized).jpg

2017-12-01_105016 (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

How are you measuring? I know this sounds stupid, but I want to ask. So many people don't measure voltage correctly. Also, check your grounds, and make sure they're all contiguous.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

How are you measuring? I know this sounds stupid, but I want to ask. So many people don't measure voltage correctly. Also, check your grounds, and make sure they're all contiguous.

Totally legit question considering it's me. I have the ground going off the ground cable that comes up to the head. For the voltages I checked on the power switching board. The voltages I pulled off the Transformer I was running my ground to the side of the Transformer itself. But also tested to the negative / neutral lugs of the Transformer

#5 1 year ago

Can close this thread... was being.... slow.... figure out I was measuring the wrong points.. sorry guys... all is well on the voltage. Now back to the display issue and blowing f2 in the other thread...

#6 1 year ago

When measuring AC, you can't neccesarily measure from ground. You need to measure on each branch of the AC circuit. For example, in the first picture, you would put one lead on transformer terminal 11 and the other lead on terminal 12 to see if that winding is working. In the second picture, one lead goes on pin 1 and the other on pin 2 to verify 125v AC switched is working.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Basingstoke
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 60.00
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside