4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Oscilated
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone know the "correct" playfield hole size for Williams Pop Bumper assemblies, such as those that Pinball Life sells? Or does everyone just "wing it"? What about the flipper assemblies?

As a side question, do I need a flipper bat to ensure the flipper assembly cycles correctly (the usage here is simply feedback for a virtual pinball machine).

Thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago

A williams pop is going to have multiple holes... not sure exactly what you mean?

You don't need the bat necessarily but you at least need the shaft

#3 4 years ago

Sorry, let me clarify.

I'm using real Williams pinball parts as feedback devices for a virtual pinball machine. My plan is to build a "playfield" with pop bumpers, sling shots, flippers, a knocker, and a shaker motor underneath the main display.

So I'm looking for information as to the best way to physically mount these units. Obviously wood screws will be inserted into the mounting brackets, but I'm not entirely confident about the hole sizes. I can just guess, but figured I'd ask first. Unfortunately since the assemblies are sold as replacement units, the supplier just assumes the purchaser will be mounting them on an already prepared playfield.

Fortunately I have come to understand a Williams pop bumper utilizes three overlapping holes in the playfield. But I don't know the correct dimensions of that cutout.

Make sense?

#4 4 years ago

Check out the patterns here: https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Files_Section

As far as pop bumpers go, I've found it's easier to just get a data east/sega style all in one mech

#5 4 years ago

Perfect! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-pop-bumper-and-flipper-playfield-holes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.